General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

8 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The news channel between 2 and half 2. It was on in a Spoons with subtitles. 

Given that there's no mention of it anywhere else I expect they garbled the subtitles.

55 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Given that there's no mention of it anywhere else I expect they garbled the subtitles.

I think it's more likely that the journalist misinterpreted Melenchon not endorsing either candidate in the run off the last time as supporting Le Pen. 

2 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

That seems the most likely. Thought it may be, depressingly, closer than previous years.

Yeah she has dailed back the rhetoric and leaving the eu is also out to try and win some more middle ground voters  which is why the far right have all fallen out 

On 30/03/2022 at 15:20, coprolite said:

Pretty sure it's income tax the recipients pay after 75, not iht. 

And utd are dundee's wee team

can avoid the Income tax by inheritance into a pension - or if pension was under a QROPS but that is off at another tangent  

On 10/04/2022 at 15:35, doulikefish said:

Is it going to the usual French election coverage  from our media ? Le pen Le pen Le pen and then gets roundly thrashed in the run off as per usual? 

Aye, Macron will thrash her.  Opinion polls always overstate her popularity.  It'll be closer this time, but there'll still be a big gap.

55/45 IMO.

On 11/04/2022 at 14:47, Duries Air Freshener said:

The youth over there appear to be gravitating toward common sense, whereas over here we still have an obsession with talking up and obsessing over perceived racism.

it’ll change here eventually though.  Gen Z gives me hope.

On 16/04/2022 at 22:37, Duries Air Freshener said:

Aye, Macron will thrash her.  Opinion polls always overstate her popularity.  It'll be closer this time, but there'll still be a big gap.

55/45 IMO.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Thick

As

Shit.

Aye I posted this one in the more relevant thread if I do say so myself...

She's on a separate level of thickness imo. I'm undecided on how she ended up in the role she is but I'm 100% certain competence wasn't a requirement. 

Seems like the type of person who's brain has been completely melted by social media culture wars type pish. I'd be shocked if at some point she's not posted on Facebook about how servile and indoctrinated the youth of today are...

2 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Aye I posted this one in the more relevant thread if I do say so myself...

She's on a separate level of thickness imo. I'm undecided on how she ended up in the role she is but I'm 100% certain competence wasn't a requirement. 

Seems like the type of person who's brain has been completely melted by social media culture wars type pish. I'd be shocked if at some point she's not posted on Facebook about how servile and indoctrinated the youth of today are...

Apologies. Never noticed. When Boris gets binned you'd expect whoever replaces him to get her the f**k away from any job ASAP.

Just now, Suspect Device said:

Apologies. Never noticed. When Boris gets binned you'd expect whoever replaces him to get her the f**k away from any job ASAP.

Do you think it's more likely he has her in cabinet because she's a fangirl of him or to deflect from his own incompetence. Surrounding yourself by morons to seem slightly better?

5 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Do you think it's more likely he has her in cabinet because she's a fangirl of him or to deflect from his own incompetence. Surrounding yourself by morons to seem slightly better?

She's a Boris loyalist. Or possibly she just sucks him off regularly. There can be no other reason to employ the stupid b*****d.

image.png.1346ddcdd9addd27552fda3dfcd49182.png