General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

29 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

May wants to bribe young people to vote for her by freezing tuition fees. Not scrapping, not reducing but freezing. Even her bribes are shit. I really hope the Tories apply the coup de grace and get rid of the zombie granny soon. She is just hopeless. Makes Gordon Brown seem good.

Baffling that they think people will vote to maintain crippling fees rather than getting rid of them. :lol:

11 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I didn't see it but marr is usually quite soft in these interviews. I like him, especially with his history stuff, but he's no paxman.

He HAS been pretty brutal in his interviews more recently tbh, so not being a grandstanding twat like Paxman works in his favour a bit. Can throw the interviewee off.

12 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Theresa May says the 12 Scottish Tory MPS have done more than all the SNP MPS put together.

I've listed their achievements in no particular order below:

I'm starting to wonder if its electoral humiliation has actually caused the Maybot to malfunction. Given its increasingly mad, divorced-from-reality witterings, there definitely seem to be two wires touching that shouldn't be.

Anyone who doesn't think the left has a problem with antisemitism is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Left wing anti-Semitism is even more dangerous than its Nazi counterpart in some respects, for the simple fact that while Nazis are considered beyond the pale of what is accepted by civil society, left wing anti-Semitism is increasingly considered “legitimate” because it can hide behind the liberal beliefs of anti-Zionism. That's not say that anti-Zionists are antisemitic but that some who profess to be anti-Zionist are in fact anti-Semites abusing anti-Zionist beliefs.

I am sick to death of reading this pish.

Conflating anti-zionism with anti-Semitism and stating it is worse than than the nazis is worse than the nazis imo

I am sick to death of reading this pish.

Conflating anti-zionism with anti-Semitism and stating it is worse than than the nazis is worse than the nazis imo

You really are one dumb arsehole if you think that was what I was saying.

Read it carefully.

There are people using anti-Zionism (which is a well established and respected belief) to cloak their own antisemitism.

Unfortunately there are some anti-Zionists who act as fucking apologists for these scumbags and don't recognise that they actually damage the anti-Zionist cause.

You really are one dumb arsehole if you think that was what I was saying.

Read it carefully.

There are people using anti-Zionism (which is a well established and respected belief) to cloak their own antisemitism.

Unfortunately there are some anti-Zionists who act as fucking apologists for these scumbags and don't recognise that they actually damage the anti-Zionist cause.

So I keep hearing. As far as I can tell you are talking about a slim minority of arseholes who are about as dangerous as f**k all. So unless you can point me in the direction of statistics or evidence that shows how prevalent this kind of thinking is, give it a rest. It's boring

So I keep hearing. As far as I can tell you are talking about a slim minority of arseholes who are about as dangerous as f**k all. So unless you can point me in the direction of statistics or evidence that shows how prevalent this kind of thinking is, give it a rest. It's boring

It's only a minority who are antisemitic so let's just ignore it.

Boris is desperate to be sacked so he can challenge May,after his "Libya can be the next Dubai once the dead bodies have been cleared away" comments.

I can't stand Johnson, and would like to see him sacked and legally prohibited from speaking but I can't help but think it's a bit of an overreaction to something that was clearly a joke. Maybe a bit crass and insensitive but a joke nonetheless. I get that we hold politicians to a higher standard but I just feel people are trying to be offended by the comments, rather than actually offended.