General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

1 minute ago, AUFC90 said:

The jews moved in and literally started bulldozing them out. I don't blame any Palestinian for hating Israel.

Neither do I. They have every right to do so. I also don't blame the Jews for thinking that any settlement which would please Western leftists is a terrible deal for their long term security. 

Neither do I. They have every right to do so. I also don't blame the Jews for thinking that any settlement which would please Western leftists is a terrible deal for their long term security. 

I dunno, they could maybe stop building settlements on Palestinian land. I don't think subjugating Muslims in a Muslim part of the world is very good for their long term security either.

26 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

The Scottish Labour leadership campaign is actually making me miss Kezia.

C'mon, this years' edition has been a belter.

It'll be tough for next years' contest to top it anyway.

6 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Fucking hell. The absolute state of the Prime Minister on the Andrew Marr Show. The useless c**t can barely string a sentence together, never mind actually answer a question emoji38.png

She struggled and I can only think she is clinging onto the job with her fingernails.

Marr was pretty tough with the line of questioning, but she still couldn't give an answer to most questions.

She struggled and I can only think she is clinging onto the job with her fingernails.
Marr was pretty tough with the line of questioning, but she still couldn't give an answer to most questions.

I didn't see it but marr is usually quite soft in these interviews. I like him, especially with his history stuff, but he's no paxman.

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I didn't see it but marr is usually quite soft in these interviews. I like him, especially with his history stuff, but he's no paxman.

If you get a chance watch it on iplayer. He really highlighted her inability to answer a question and brought up current issues with her cabinet I.e. Boris Johnson being a snake in the media.

Aye, he's no Paxman for sure.

4 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

If you get a chance watch it on iplayer. He really highlighted her inability to answer a question and brought up current issues with her cabinet I.e. Boris Johnson being a snake in the media.

Aye, he's no Paxman for sure.

In all honesty, he doesn't need to be anything more than balanced to highlight her unsuitability for the job, her husband must be a powerful guy to have her in such a high position as she's certainly not got much about her, the phrase "limited individual" comes to mind.

Edited by ayrmad

12 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

She's still in the job because a succession in the leadership will prompt new calls for an election that the Tories are fairly certain they won't win.

Nail, head.  If she had any metaphorical balls she'd push even harder.  They simply cannot afford to depose her.

5 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Yip but Boris is itching for a crack at it

If he got out of line he'd be quickly put back in his box.  It's akin to the Republican establishment and Trump.  They fucking despise him but can't support any of his detractors.

Edited by Granny Danger

May wants to bribe young people to vote for her by freezing tuition fees. Not scrapping, not reducing but freezing. Even her bribes are shit. I really hope the Tories apply the coup de grace and get rid of the zombie granny soon. She is just hopeless. Makes Gordon Brown seem good.