Road to North Korea

Smurph

I watched the full 25 minute video that included photos and moving images - absolutely brilliant work. Would really be amazing to go out and see this place, especially before any chance of re-unification.

Especially with your wife when you're on holiday from your job..

I've been to North Korea twice....not to brag or anything.

It's actually very interesting to visit and I have found them very welcoming on both trips. There is a fair amount of weird going on but after my first trip I totally changed my opinions on the place.

Last trip they gave me the great honour of a pin badge with the Great leaders on it. The wee red one with the leaders faces you see them all wearing.

This fact will blow your minds as well. They genuinely got in touch about 3 months ago and asked if they could play Scotland in a friendly football match in pyongyang in June. Tickets would have been easy the stadium holds 150k folk!

Edited by Dalrystag

A few years back, I read a blog about a couple of Austrian guys that managed to get a train into North Korea from Russia through a route that wasn't supposed to be open to Westerners. Ended up in the country unsupervised for a couple of days, and were able to visit parts of the country that foreigners never normally got to see.

http://vienna-pyongyang.blogspot.co.uk

Fascinating. Cheers for that - absolutely cracking read.

Can't mind the name of it, but has anybody seen that documentary-film about the kid who grew up in a North Korean concentration camp, got out years later, moved to South Korea but then said he genuinely wanted to return to the North Korean camp? Ended up saying that he hears daily stories of suicide, crime and seeing beggars in the South etc, and that you never had these problems in the camp. Mental.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been to North Korea twice....not to brag or anything.

It's actually very interesting to visit and I have found them very welcoming on both trips. There is a fair amount of weird going on but after my first trip I totally changed my opinions on the place.

Last trip they gave me the great honour of a pin badge with the Great leaders on it. The wee red one with the leaders faces you see them all wearing.

This fact will blow your minds as well. They genuinely got in touch about 3 months ago and asked if they could play Scotland in a friendly football match in pyongyang in June. Tickets would have been easy the stadium holds 150k folk!

Did you tell them you were Neil Doncaster?