Aberdeen v St Johnstone - 27/02/16

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we'll be missing Millar and Davidson, who will join Easton and Mackay on the injury list. All being well, that's our starting midfield and probably our starting full backs.

Comfortable Aberdeen victory in this one I suspect. Usually a decent game between the sides, but you'll be too strong for us, especially after the wee break you got last weekend.

If Millar and Davidson are out, we stand no chance. If at least one of them is OK for the game, I think we will put up a fight. Yesterday's performance was better. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't great. But Firhill is generally not a happy hunting ground for us

It used to be. Scored 4 almost every time we went there.

No idea how thisll go. Expecting a 2-0 or 3-1 type loss but youre never really certain what Saints side will turn up. We could lose an early goal and lose by 6 or scramble an early lead and win 1-0.

There's no chance we will win by 6. Hayes is out and if McGinn doesn't bother his arse then it'll be 1-0 or 1-1.

This was all lined up for you to rip us to shreds over how shite we are and predict a comfortable win. What's up Standy I worry when you're not slagging us off?

Indeed. The First Division days were more fruitful. We've only won once there since 2006.

Their current manager used to play for them at full back in the latter years of the 90's.

I recall him being quoted in the press at the time before one of our visits as having said quite strongly that Thistle would put an end to our run or challenge us for the title. Not sure which.

We won 4-0 I think. It was funny.

He's laughing now, at our expense :(

It was Charlie Adams that mouthed off about what he was going to do to us before we put four past Thistle. Late 1996.

Despite this run of results, I'd still be hopeful whoever the opposition with our strongest side but we look likely to have too many men down for this one, plus others who are running on empty. Central midfield is the big worry. Craig and Lappin together isn't encouraging.

It was Charlie Adams that mouthed off about what he was going to do to us before we put four past Thistle. Late 1996.

Despite this run of results, I'd still be hopeful whoever the opposition with our strongest side but we look likely to have too many men down for this one, plus others who are running on empty. Central midfield is the big worry. Craig and Lappin together isn't encouraging.

Hey Radford, I was sure it was Archibald. Maybe they both did it? That was some season, starting after the infamous Challenge Cup final defeat at Broadwood v. Stranraer. 13 games without losing a goal? Falkirk finally got one at McD. That goal was scored by Paul McGrillen who sadly died in 2009. Such a shame.

I can hardly believe that we've gone from a position of such strength (on 5/12/15) and potential to where we are now, and yet we can still finish fourth if we can arrest this run and find some form.

4-1 dons, Sutton to come on for the last 18 minutes, TW to say in his post match interview "I thought we created chances" when we actually haven't and "individual errors cost us and that can't keep happening" wotherspoon to shite out of at least 4 challenges

It will be interesting to note how McInnes opts to cover Logan's absence at RB. Is it possible that Shinnie will switch sides?

If we are going to win on Saturday, we will really need McGinn to step up to the plate; assuming he starts, I would also like a much more substantial showing from Church.

I'll predict 1-1; a defensive error from Shaughnessy to bail us out in the second half after trailing at half time.

Archived