Aberdeen v St Johnstone - 27/02/16

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping for a euromillions win on Friday as well. As much chance of that.

It's nice to dream, isn't it.

Forgot that Logan was suspended. Wonder if McInnes will be tempted to put Jack in at right back, or if he'll just swap Shinnie to the other side and stick Considine at fullback.

Millar out for 4-6 weeks. I know folk don't rate him but surely Brown will get a chance in his absence? If Muzz is available for most of that then I'd happily rather see Spoony/Lappin/Craig in there beside him, but if they both miss out then Browns the only other player thats a natural in there.

Millar out for 4-6 weeks. I know folk don't rate him but surely Brown will get a chance in his absence? If Muzz is available for most of that then I'd happily rather see Spoony/Lappin/Craig in there beside him, but if they both miss out then Browns the only other player thats a natural in there.

I don't think we've seen enough of Brown in the first-team to make a fair assessment on his overall ability. Though I haven't been too impressed when I've watched some of the Under 20s fixtures. He's generally played in "big" games in Europe, rather than having a settled run in the side. He does seem to have a fairly expansive range of passing, which is an asset, but has shown ill-discipline at times on the pitch with his decision making. We need someone in the middle who is just there to pick up the pieces and keep things ticking over, just as Millar did so consistently last season.

Davidson is not that guy, clearly. And I don't think Wotherspoon, Craig or Lappin are ideal for that role either. While there is obvious doubt with Brown, it's something that Tommy is going to have to find a way to manage, in whichever manner, as there has been a general lack of mobility and structure to the midfield that has continually proven to be problematic.

I think Wotherspoon probably the closest to that, tbh, think it was the Hearts game where he was constantly collecting the ball deep and shuttling it from side to side to try and break them down. Probably suits him playing it nice and simple. Biggest problem is if he has "one of his days" and starts giving the ball away with only two centre halves behind him.

This is when the Scougall signing would've been a master-stroke. Wonder if we'll revisit that in the Summer.

Archived