The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, Kneetrembler said:

Just had the absolute pleasure of talking to your commercial manager this morning whilst booking a fancy dan corporate table for me and some Glasgow based mates/ clients. His name is Alex, he's an absolute gem of a guy and you are lucky to have him.

Clearly a top professional, fully engaged in his work.

See yous in November.

Hmm...

Did he tell you how good he was at his job? Nothing was too much trouble? Good luck.

3 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Scully's record. Played 20 conceded 18739.

Its actually played 18, conceded 31, for you lot.

Overall hes played 106, conceded 160.

On 8/3/2016 at 09:10, The Arch said:

There's a story in the Daily Star saying we have a Jermaine Grandison on trial - who's just been released by Shrewsbury Town - so guessing it's him.

24 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Jermaine Grandison?

Asked my older brother about Grandison since he's been a regular at their games after moving near Shropshire for work - says that Grandison is one of his favourite players of recent years by far and he's amazed he never made it to a higher level, as well as him being linked to Birmingham before.

Saw him once in the flesh when I saw a Leeds - Shrewsbury FA cup game after going down to visit my brother, Shrewsbury lost 4-0 despite having 50%+ of the ball but Leeds were very clearly a better side from a higher league. Vividly mind him doing a nice dummy which left Becchio on his arse out of defence. Would be very keen to see him come to Firhill.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Missed an opportunity for a Mandron there. 

Last night probably put to bed the idea of Gordon playing CB in anything other than an emergency (which tbf last night was).  Guess Lindsay will be back for Pittodrie but I'm confident we'll  sign another CB before the window is closed 

#backatoni 

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Last night probably put to bed the idea of Gordon playing CB in anything other than an emergency (which tbf last night was). 

I don't know why Syme was playing RB and Gordon CB when Syme has said that he is naturally a CB (I wasn't there last night, but assuming this is how we lined up) going by Gordon being at CB. Surely it would've made sense to play both players in their natural positions?

I thought the most the practical solution last night was to play Welsh at right back, Ziggy at centre half and bring Edwards in at centre mid. Syme was badly exposed at full back and in addition to Osman's below-par performance, both contrived to offer little protection to the centre of our defence particularly Ziggy. Syme had been pretty solid in some of the friendlies and in the Stenny cup match but he looked all the part of a centre half playing at full back last night.

I think Amoo shouldered some of the blame for leaving Syme exposed hence why he was hooked to change things. I thought Edwards should have been introduced then to add a bit more bite in the middle of the park.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing though.