The Partick Thistle thread

Archie told the ET we made offers to a few players once a top six finish was secured, IIRC. One of those is likely to have been Murray...no idea who the others are.

I think one was myles hyppolite. He has a year left on his contract but has turned down a new one. Would be available on the cheap.

Listening to Ian Maxwell interview on Jagzone the language and tone he used suggests there has been no contact or bid put in for Liam yet from any club. Not to say there won't be but I suppose transfer window is not open quite yet and we know the folks inside Firhill like to keep things close to the chest when it comes to these things. Tbf the interview was done before the last ball was kicked.

He also sounded pretty upbeat about new contracts for established players, giving 2-3 development players opportunity to join first team & 3-4 new players coming in and lastly they are on track for the new training facility. They have several opportunities of available sites around Glasgow.

Lastly, what was also interesting was the finance side. They budgeted for bottom six, we had a little better cup run than previous years and so with some extra price money, and larger gate receipts and no debt to pay we should be able to get business outlined above fairly stress free.

Great time to be a Jags fan. [emoji1591][emoji106]????

9 minutes ago, Griff Sheridan said:

Based on what? Loyalty to the club?

Well here he has a stable management team with two former defenders which will help him to develop. But going down south just now would be a step into the unknown with no guarantee of playing. Think he'll stay for another 1-3 years

Well here he has a stable management team with two former defenders which will help him to develop. But going down south just now would be a step into the unknown with no guarantee of playing. Think he'll stay for another 1-3 years

For reference May got ~£50k up front, and ~£8k a week minus bonuses when he left us.

Young players, generally, won't reject that because they think it's "a bit risky"

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

For reference May got ~£50k up front, and ~£8k a week minus bonuses when he left us.

Young players, generally, won't reject that because they think it's "a bit risky"

You're replying to a complete moron, stop encouraging him.

26 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

You're replying to a complete moron, stop encouraging him.

Yeah "Complete Moron" funny how no one else says that just you #obsessed. All because I made a thread about Blair spittal and I only made a thistle thread because I thought we got a new one every season and I deleted it after I found out