The Partick Thistle thread

Slightly surprised at seeing this.

"He'll be a good addition to our squad," said Thistle manager Alan Archibald, who does not expect to make further signings this window.

Thought we might have needed a bit more cover for injured players, unless it's anticipated we'll have everyone back to full fitness soon. 

Edited by thistledo

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/partick-thistle/baily-cargill-i-ve-faced-coutinho-and-zlatan-i-won-t-fear-celtic-1-4669322 

Looks like we are waiting on one piece of paperwork. Hopefully taken care of and we'll see Turnbull mark 2 making his debut tonight. Makes sense to throw him in there as we aren't expected to get anything from it. I would also play Penrice and get him some game time. Rest Booth as he's surely still recovering from weekend. 

All accounts this young Cherries defender is talented and has lots of potential. If so, well done to Archie and the scouts down south for getting him. He trained with team yesterday  but understand why they took down the announcement until they are certain and all paperwork is done. 

BBC Gossip:

"Partick Thistle could net a £600,000 windfall as Brighton consider a £6m move for former Jags defender Liam Lindsay, now at Barnsley. (Daily Record, print edition) "

Will gladly take the money if true but shows how overhyped the Championship is (+ farcial amounts of money down there). Anytime I've seen Barnsley on TV, Lindsay has had a shitter beside him making him look bad. Yet, after 6 months he is suddenly worth £6million?

3 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Pinch of salt obvs but I'd also have thought / hoped our sell on % would have been higher than 10 given the relatively low up front fee.

Exactly, I got that impression too at the time, lets hope!

Edited by cilitbang

For a man who was the arguably the best centre half in the league last season? I'm not sure about that.

Given the market and the riches down south we need to start being stronger when it comes to selling players. Barnsley could have afforded 7 figures, but we sold him for 1990's money. I would wager that he's improved slightly over the last half season, but it shows how shafted we were when Lindsay can now be valued at £6m.

I would be very disappointed in our club if we'd only negotiated a 10% sell-on fee. Celtic negotiated a 33% sell-on for Van Dijk and, given the paltry fee we let him go for, I would have expected at least 20%. 

100th post and I'm a seething mess. Yaldy.

Should work out that we will make around 950,000 for a player who only played 1 season for us. Good money for us considering the last person i remember us getting a fee for was Harkins. I understand why people are pissed off and hope the club will actually hold off a bit before accepting such a small offer but at the end of the day its free money for us. We were never going to get offerd over £1million anyway.

I was alright with the up-front fee for Lindsay, assuming we had a good sell-on clause included. To me, 10% really isn’t good enough considering the relatively paltry sum we received at the time.

Unless Barnsley met some sort of release clause to sign him from us, we’ve been completely done if it really is only 10%.

Edited by Nightmare

1 hour ago, Sting777 said:

How do you work that out? 27 appearances  in 15-16 and 42 appearances last season

I Was just trying to be positive about it. Was meaning one full season that he was first choice every week. A do apologise if i upset you my memorys not the best.