The Partick Thistle thread

20 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Would be good if we even had a few rumours about potential signings before renewals, but the place is dead and clubs like Dundee Und and Ross Co have already started recruiting, especially United.  Considering the amount of players we need in, that's disappointing. 

They are signing other teams cast off free agents (including ours). We'll probably need to wait until the window opens to announce all of our top quality signings.

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

To be fair, United have known what league they’ll be in for longer than we have, so could start recruiting earlier as I’m sure our targets will have changed now we’ve gone down.

That said, I’m sure the management will have players in mind and will be working towards bringing them in.

If you want a spurious rumour with no substance whatsoever, we’re in for Fouad Bachirou on loan from Malmo.

Agreed but after the shambles of last close season when we were told the advantage of finishing in the top 6 was that we could get our targets tied up earlier (and we all know that never happened)  you have just got to be a bit worried, even this early in the season that we are going to get left behind again, considering the amount of recruitment required this time round.

Agreed but after the shambles of last close season when we were told the advantage of finishing in the top 6 was that we could get our targets tied up earlier (and we all know that never happened)  you have just got to be a bit worried, even this early in the season that we are going to get left behind again, considering the amount of recruitment required this time round.

Agreed that last season, the summer window was an absolute disgrace. Hopefully that can be put down to complacency of thinking the squad was already good enough and the injured players would come back at the same level as previously.

Given we’ve got about 9 players, they can’t possibly think that again.

1 minute ago, ChoccyChipCuikie said:

What about that guy Aberdeen were linked with - Yerdas El-Savalon or something? Is he not available?

It was Yerdas Selzavon mate and no he's contracted to some Turkish team at the moment. 

9 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

Hardly an achievement. I’m easily wound  up. I look forward to the back of your shite club. 

And I’m dreading a visit to your absolute shitty little town next season. 

Nice to see ye x

Doubt yous will get promoted next season.

40 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Agreed that last season, the summer window was an absolute disgrace. Hopefully that can be put down to complacency of thinking the squad was already good enough and the injured players would come back at the same level as previously.

Given we’ve got about 9 players, they can’t possibly think that again.

Yeah, when I look at the signed players on the official site it does give me a slight chill.

A 3-5-2 with an untested goalie on the bench. That side also includes a player who has barely kicked a ball in two years and three looking for a transfer out of the club.

Then we have tasked a manager who last coached in this league five years ago and led us to relegation  via a playoff with the second best team in last year's championship, losing both legs of the final.

That's the season ticket bought along with the Jagzone up front for a year.

I'm not going to start wetting the bed at the thought of us not matching Dundee Utd's level of signings at this point.  The paralysing fear from the thought of us facing Callum Booth next season should subside over the weekend.  

1 minute ago, Im_Rodger said:

Gutting, just feel Roy MacGregors cash injections will be too much for the fellow Championship sides.

You can never count out the Uncle Dollar!

We are still seemingly a shambles.

Dundee United have signed jobbers so far and don't seem to have the same budget due to dropping crowds and various spurious financial deals.

ICT may make a fist of things if they carry on their second half of the season form.

Dunfermline and Falkirk will make noises about winning the title but will probably have to settle for 4th in the league at best.

Morton have actually got a manager signed up that's better than the incumbent at Tannadice, imo. They could finish third top or third bottom.

Ayr will be back in the league as a full time with a manager Jags fans generally have a lot of time for. 

QoS  have Dobbie but thats pretty much it and i dont see them making the top six.

Down at the bottom Alloa will find it tough in a full time league but will no doubt spring a few surprises on their full time opponents. 

I can see Thistle finishing anywhere between 1st and 10th...

9 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I can see Thistle finishing anywhere between 1st and 10th...

Woah, man.  At least wait until we see some signings before sticking your neck out like that.  Rash predictions can come back to haunt you.  

1 hour ago, thistledo said:

Telling someone in their own team's thread to jog on. 

awkward cardi b GIF by Saturday Night Live

It's happy***. He's mentally unstable and a ***. Your gif still seems apt, tbf.

2 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

What are the chances we get a few inadequate signings in at the last minute, as AA often likes to do, which leave us short in one or several areas of the pitch?  I hope he's off at an intensive learning course somewhere on how to spot good football players.

You're a dour faced so and so.        We've got a website for talent spotting and probably a YouTube search for "name-surname best bits" to confirm it.   Adam Barton must have looked like Franco Baresi when Archie went snooping.  

can't see anything on the OS, is there any sort of deadline/anyone got an idea roughly when the deadline would be for getting season tickets? Or rather if there's a deadline on getting the current price and then it'll go up?

I've hummed and hawwed but I'm planning to renew, although I'm holding off for a bit since the car is due its first ever MOT next month, around the 16th of June or so. Not expecting a huge bill but cars is cars.

6 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

can't see anything on the OS, is there any sort of deadline/anyone got an idea roughly when the deadline would be for getting season tickets? Or rather if there's a deadline on getting the current price and then it'll go up?

I've hummed and hawwed but I'm planning to renew, although I'm holding off for a bit since the car is due its first ever MOT next month, around the 16th of June or so. Not expecting a huge bill but cars is cars.

I think it's till the start of July?

In fact there's no early bird price this season and you have until 3 July to reserve your seat if renewing.

Edited by jagfox99

I live abroad and would buy a season ticket if I was a bit closer;  they get my dosh via Jagzone and player sponsorship.   

That said,  I sponsored Barton in his first season and asked to pay up front for the duration of his contract. 

They must have known something as they didn't bother their arse in getting back to me.      I've since spunked it on beer and women which was more classy than Barton this last season for sure.