The Partick Thistle thread

10 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Every penny of my “football money” will be spent at my club from today onwards unless a favourable reconstruction comes through. Joined Centenary Draw last week, will get a season ticket tomorrow (haven’t had one since the 80s)  No more away games for me. Might be detrimental to the support of the players at away games but afraid I cannot give my money to certain teams. Exceptions are ICT, East Fife and all other NO voters. 

Can't agree with that. Going to away games is a big part of supporting Thistle and I wouldn't want to discourage away fans from visiting Firhill as they add to the whole experience.

Just now, cilitbang said:

The statement suggests we’re playing ball in hopes of reconstruction. Else, what was the point in seeking legal advice if they were going to roll over regardless. 

I think we have been told withdraw the legal threat and you will be ok, but who would ever trust these cnuts over anything!!

1 minute ago, thisal said:

Can't agree with that. Going to away games is a big part of supporting Thistle and I wouldn't want to discourage away fans from visiting Firhill as they add to the whole experience.

Not an easy decision but it’s my decision. Doesn’t stop any other jags fan following the club to away games!

19 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Every penny of my “football money” will be spent at my club from today onwards unless a favourable reconstruction comes through. Joined Centenary Draw last week, will get a season ticket tomorrow (haven’t had one since the 80s)  No more away games for me. Might be detrimental to the support of the players at away games but afraid I cannot give my money to certain teams. Exceptions are ICT, East Fife and all other NO voters. 

Sting777 at his laptop.

FFEDBF93-8D06-4DB7-97A4-0493071BAE2F.gif.710d43f36b292f684ff020fdebd093c1.gif

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's crazy, Falkirk weren't even in a guaranteed promotion spot but their fans act as if theyve been robbed of it.

They've been robbed of the opportunity surely? The difference between being in the 1st division for one season or two seasons for a club the size of Falkirk could be catastrophic. Can you not at least see that Random?

Perhaps there are Falkirk fans on here posting like they would have won the league but neither you nor I can say they wouldn't with 100% positivity. I think being robbed of the opportunity by self serving strangers might be the point.

I've not hidden from the fact that I have thought since Christmas thistle would be relegated, but it's one thing to go down under your own steam playing football and another to be kicked in the bollocks on the way down by brother/ sister clubs voting you down. I also know honour and brotherly love amongst clubs is alien but f**k me, during these horrendous times, surely we should all be acting together to protect each other,  not a look after number 1 attitude that is apparent in these "negotiations"

Edited by banditjag
Fooking sheet spooling

7 minutes ago, banditjag said:

That's you being presumptive and making it up as you go along. See last post which I agree with you about clubs and fans motivations. Don't think it's that confusing

Ok.

If you'd rather cling to the notion that ICT would have voted the same way if sitting atop the table, then that's up to you.

I'll reserve the right to a chuckle though.

36 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

That's a pretty massive 'if,' considering they hadn't won any of their last 10 games. 

There was no entirely fair solution in this. Thistle were unfortunate to be bottom when play stopped, but they were bottom entirely on merit. And due to the pretty awful situation in which the season had to end, Thistle will be relegated by that merit. 

We’ve got a 100% record against Caley this season (somehow) so I’d disagree that it’s a “pretty massive if” that we’d beat them again.

We’re also the only team to have played Dundee United four times, and had that shambolic officiating decision against Queens which would have given us the three point swing required to be ahead of them right now. I do agree in principle that we’ve been the poorest team this season, though, and have said for months that we deserve to go down (I think if this season were played to a finish both us and QotS would have), but at the same time we’ve been very unlucky with how it’s all played out.

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

We’ve got a 100% record against Caley this season (somehow) so I’d disagree that it’s a “pretty massive if” that we’d beat them again.

We’re also the only team to have played Dundee United four times, and had that shambolic officiating decision against Queens which would have given us the three point swing required to be ahead of them right now. I do agree in principle that we’ve been the poorest team this season, though, and have said for months that we deserve to go down (I think if this season were played to a finish both us and QotS would have), but at the same time we’ve been very unlucky with how it’s all played out.

That's fair.  

You have been unlucky, and we've been lucky.

That's all really.

4 minutes ago, banditjag said:

They've been robbed of the opportunity surely? The difference between being in the 1st division for one season or two seasons for a club the size of Falkirk could be catastrophic. Can you not at least see that Random?

Perhaps there are Falkirk fans on here posting like they would have won the league but neither you nor I can say they wouldn't with 100% positivity. I think being robbed of the opportunity by self serving strangers might be the point.

I've not hidden from the fact that I have thought since Christmas thistle would be relegated, but it's one thing to go down under your own steam playing football and another to be kicked in the bollocks on the way down by brother/ sister clubs voting you down. I also know honour and brotherly love amongst clubs is alien but f**k me, during these horrendous times, surely we should all be acting together to protect each other,  not a look after number 1 attitude that is apparent in these "negotiations"

No one specifically voted anyone down. They voted for a resolution that would see them get much needed finance, and that had unlucky consequences for others.

You can't seriously believe that Partick Thistle and Falkirk are some sort of shining last bastion of decency and honour whilst everyone else is horrendous scum? You surely are not buying in to the myth that every team except Partick Thistle and Falkirk were looking out for themselves? Partick and Falkirk were exactly the same as everyone else, in that they were looking out for themselves.

As noted, many clubs are desperate for money due to them to be released, and calling the leagues in way or another was the only way to do that. Why should, for example, Forfar be responsible for Partick Thistle here? Should they potentially see their club die just so Partick Thistle don't get relegated?

Nonsense, and I can't believe so many are buying in to the narrative of Partick being the only ones interested in serving the game as a whole and not themselves.

8 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Ok.

If you'd rather cling to the notion that ICT would have voted the same way if sitting atop the table, then that's up to you.

I'll reserve the right to a chuckle though.

I never diad they wouldn't.

Don't chuckle to a point a wee drop of pee comes out😜

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

No one specifically voted anyone down. They voted for a resolution that would see them get much needed finance, and that had unlucky consequences for others.

You can't seriously believe that Partick Thistle and Falkirk are some sort of shining last bastion of decency and honour whilst everyone else is horrendous scum? You surely are not buying in to the myth that every team except Partick Thistle and Falkirk were looking out for themselves? Partick and Falkirk were exactly the same as everyone else, in that they were looking out for themselves.

As noted, many clubs are desperate for money due to them to be released, and calling the leagues in way or another was the only way to do that. Why should, for example, Forfar be responsible for Partick Thistle here? Should they potentially see their club die just so Partick Thistle don't get relegated?

Nonsense, and I can't believe so many are buying in to the narrative of Partick being the only ones interested in serving the game as a whole and not themselves.

I never posted any of that. You too are making shut up.......are you Neil Doncaster?

Edited by banditjag

Just now, banditjag said:

I never posted any of that.

Then what is this about:

16 minutes ago, banditjag said:

I think being robbed of the opportunity by self serving strangers might be the point.

And this:

17 minutes ago, banditjag said:

but it's one thing to go down under your own steam playing football and another to be kicked in the bollocks on the way down by brother/ sister clubs voting you down

And this:

18 minutes ago, banditjag said:

I also know honour and brotherly love amongst clubs is alien but f**k me, during these horrendous times, surely we should all be acting together to protect each other,  not a look after number 1 attitude that is apparent in these "negotiations"

5 minutes ago, banditjag said:

I never diad they wouldn't.

Don't chuckle to a point a wee drop of pee comes out😜

I can't promise.

You explicitly said ICT did the right thing.  In doing so, you sure as Hell implied that their stance rose above self interest.

We've been shite for 3 years now and have been hapless most of the season. It would be a stretch to say we would have avoided relegation anyway but this is just about the most Thistle way that it could of happen.

And for anyone saying they will avoid away games so as not to give their money to sides that voted for the league to end, have a word with yourself. Thats the type of Blue Pound drivel we all rightfully slag **** for. 

If Thistle accepting relegation saves even one SPFL club from going under then its worth it in the long term interests of all fans of Scottish football.

Lets not kid ourselves that we wouldnt have voted 'yes' in the ballot if it suited us.

43 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

In the same way then if Forfar suffer financially next season and Partick Thistle fans don’t go to games against them because of the current situation affecting them financially or because they decide to boycott I presume you won’t be blaming Partick Thistle for Forfar struggling financially?

3 minutes ago, third lanark said:

In the same way then if Forfar suffer financially next season and Partick Thistle fans don’t go to games against them because of the current situation affecting them financially or because they decide to boycott I presume you won’t be blaming Partick Thistle for Forfar struggling financially?

Yes. Partick Thistle away crowds won't be keeping Forfar afloat. I'm not sure if you're suggesting that it would be some sort of massive loss were it to happen? Thistle would certainly take more fans than most other clubs to fixtures but Forfar's survival won't be predicted on two away crowds out of 18.

Anyone thinking that Partick haven't had a massive kick in the teeth are deluded or don't like them for personal reasons.   Some clubs voted to relegate them for the sake of less that 5 grand.  Scottish football should hang its head in shame at your clubs treatment.   Budge quickly sold her soul after all that bluster about fairness.  Other clubs have been kicked as well but only Partick have spoke up about it all and stuck to their principles.   Rangers so far as well...  sick what has happened here.  

7 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Forfar aren’t struggling their chairman was on sportsound and said the £3500 prize money won’t make any difference but having Falkirk and Partick would be worth 75000.

Either way they spend what they have.