The Partick Thistle thread

Was McDaid not getting pretty regular games for Dundee at the end of last season? I assume he’s dropped out the picture for them again?

I think he’s pretty pish but McCall worked with him before so fine. Would rather someone with some pace to address the fact that Tiffoney is the only guy in our squad with some. 

Hopefully we’re getting a centre half, a full back and at least one winger. 

7 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Was McDaid not getting pretty regular games for Dundee at the end of last season? I assume he’s dropped out the picture for them again?

I think he’s pretty pish but McCall worked with him before so fine. Would rather someone with some pace to address the fact that Tiffoney is the only guy in our squad with some. 

Isn’t pace pretty much Declan McDaid’s game? Always thought his final ball was suspect but he can get a team up the park. 

5 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Isn’t pace pretty much Declan McDaid’s game? Always thought his final ball was suspect but he can get a team up the park. 

I may be wrong and mixing him up with someone else, but I thought he was more in the Conor Murray mould of being relatively neat on the ball and always looking skilful, but not particularly quick or having a huge amount of end product. 

17 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Sigh! He's already been at Firhill and done nothing. Plenty of pace, but no end product. I love you stalking me.

He has spent the past few seasons making a decent contribution in the top half of the championship. Definitely a player worth considering.

In any case, Nisbet was at Firhill and did nothing. Players can improve after they leave here.

Edited by Duke Gekantawa
Nisbet not Nesbitt!

21 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Sigh! He's already been at Firhill and done nothing. Plenty of pace, but no end product. I love you stalking me.

??? Stalking get a grip? What replying to one of your posts once a month constitutes stalking now does it

Was he not only 19 or something when he played with us before.  Was a few years ago so plenty of time to improve since then

41 minutes ago, third lanark said:

??? Stalking get a grip? What replying to one of your posts once a month constitutes stalking now does it

Was he not only 19 or something when he played with us before.  Was a few years ago so plenty of time to improve since then

Lol

It's a monumental day for The Thistle Archive, as we're now very proud to put all 147 seasons of Partick Thistle match history at your fingertips. Although there is much still to be done, every single game is profiled to varying extents. As you explore, you will notice that we have around 800 matches covered with video highlights, with many more yet to be digitally transferred from old VHS and DVD formats. In total, our Archive now has 13,183 active web pages for the Thistle community to reference and enjoy, so please help to spread the word wherever you can.

5 hours ago, The Thistle Archive said:

It's a monumental day for The Thistle Archive, as we're now very proud to put all 147 seasons of Partick Thistle match history at your fingertips. Although there is much still to be done, every single game is profiled to varying extents. As you explore, you will notice that we have around 800 matches covered with video highlights, with many more yet to be digitally transferred from old VHS and DVD formats. In total, our Archive now has 13,183 active web pages for the Thistle community to reference and enjoy, so please help to spread the word wherever you can.

Fantastic effort to all involved 👏👏

6 hours ago, The Thistle Archive said:

Had a look at our League Cup finals in the 50s and have ruined my night by learning just how close we were against Celtic in '56, drawing the first game with 2 injured men before a hapless 3-0 defeat in the replay.

The Little Report AET. H. Smith aggravated his ankle injury (39), was a passenger and missed ET. Davidson (head gash) played at inside-right in the 2nd half. Thistle fought on with 9 fit men against punchless Celtic and 2 late saves from Hogan and MacKenzie in ET denied them before Ledgerwood saved the day (89).