The Partick Thistle thread

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Jobby is an idiot for playing him (and Cammy Smith and also Kyle Turner) way out of position. No idea what his thinking behind it is.

His thinking was that Crawford, Smith and Turner were all better options than our natural winger (which is probably correct). A bigger fault and it’s entirely a failing by McCall was not signing an adequate right-winger who could come into the side, either last summer or in January. 
Thankfully now with the signing of Lawless and possibly Fitzpatrick he might actually have learned from past errors. 

12 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

If anyone wants us to sign him let me know and I'll rule it out only for it to happen hours later like with Mitchell yesterday.

He’s heading to Hartlepool apparently. 

3 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Who's yer trialist keeper? Ye naw just signed Mitchell?

We have just signed Mitchell but we could be looking at another keeper if Sneddon is injured.

Sneddon, Bannigan and Tiffoney are not in the squad again. Holt is out tonight too. 

3 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

We have just signed Mitchell but we could be looking at another keeper if Sneddon is injured.

Sneddon, Bannigan and Tiffoney are not in the squad again. Holt is out tonight too. 

It’s Mitchell in goals, just clearance hasn’t come through yet. 

4 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

It’s Mitchell in goals, just clearance hasn’t come through yet. 

Thanks for the confirmation. The SPFL website has added Mitchell to our new signing list so I was not sure if it was him.

Bizarrely, the SPFL have left Milne off it - https://spfl.co.uk/news/summer-signings-48489

Partick Thistle
Anton Dowds (Falkirk)
Aaron Muirhead (Ayr United)
Jack McMillan (Livingston)
Steven Lawless (Dunfermline Athletic)
David Mitchell (Hibernian)

Edited by Bishop Briggs

On 23/06/2022 at 13:16, Pie Of The Month said:

I think this Hartley side at Hartlepool has disaster written all over it but with any luck Niang makes a decent go of it.

Change 'think' to 'know' now they've signed Jake Hastie.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

On 17/06/2022 at 13:27, jaggyness said:
On 17/06/2022 at 13:14, Jacky1990 said:
Very meh. 
One thing I am increasingly not a fan of is the number of sponsors on our kits. I get its income, but having sock, short and sleeve sponsors just looks naff as f**k. 

I kinda like it but it's probably just nostalgia from me with all the French kits of my childhood being crammed with sponsors logos

I had a red Lyon top as a kid and really it could have doubled as a tour de France jersey. I thought it was smart as f**k.