The Partick Thistle thread

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

We've been going bust for about 15 year.

Also disregarded when it comes to biggest budgets in the division. Its not like The Caley are 30 years out of the HL and have played in Europe and won national trophies. Facts that a lot of established clubs would bite your hand off for. 

Then again you have Oor Billy in charge, so there's always ups and downs.

Edited by jagfox

I'd heard Cammy Cooper was leaving Rangers as he was going to sign with an English Premier League team and then noticed Rangers today announced he's leaving but no mention of the reason and sounding more like he was released.

Would we be due anything if he does go down south?

Based purely on the Nisbet example, I think you only get training compensation if a player moves cross-border while under contract so if he's been released then I would guess not but very willing to be wrong on this.

Edit : agree the wording makes it sound as if he's been freed 

Edited by Fuctifano

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Brian Graham in the Herald and Times today saying the club had a bid last Monday for him and they knocked it back before he signed his new deal.

Yeah it was Ayr chancing their luck. Unless circumstances changed, I think Brian will probably finish his career at Thistle. 

6 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Am I right in thinking that Falkirk were supposed to have put in a bit for Graham last season as well? 

They did. Would’ve offered him a 2 year deal, which was partly why he got a contract extension so early on (a decision some were undecided on at the time due to his lack of scoring towards the end of 21/22 season). 

Edited by JagsCG

10 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

They did. Would’ve offered him a 2 year deal, which was partly why he got a contract extension so early on (a decision some were undecided on at the time due to his lack of scoring towards the end of 21/22 season). 

Cheers - was sure I hadn’t made it up.

Given the reason he moved here in the first place (and presumably took a pay cut to come) was to be close by for his family, and that he’s also managing the women’s team, I’m with you that he’ll end his playing career here - at least in terms of full time football. 

Maybe Graham has been getting other teams to put these bids in to induce a new contract offer... 

Didn't think we'd have a huge pre season given how late we finished but slightly surprised we've only one friendly so far, assume we'll get something lined up for the 8th July but might be struggling to find opposition of a decent enough level who are free. 

Edited by Fuctifano

18 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Interview with interim chairman on official website. Very encouraging message and budget was increased for Doolan last week, with potential investors. 

He came across very well. Seemed to speak very openly about everything and looks to care about the well being of the club. 

Top stuff.

Two trips to Hampden (and not the Lesser shoebox) will be good. One is on the Friday, but considering it's a local game then that's not as big an issue, and still leaves plenty of time for pints in the southside beforehand.

A shame we're losing Ayr away on one of the Saturdays. We have both a home & away against them on a Tuesday night for some reason.

It's a pretty decent set of fixtures overall, though.

There isn't a conspiracy or anything but that's now seven years in a row our last regular season fixture has been away from home, not even as if we've had first fixture at home to compensate every year either (eg last year) 

Asked on QP thread about why our first visit to Hampden is a Friday as unlikely that TV picks made this far in advance. 

Looks like a tougher league than last season I feel, will be doing very well to be above mid table I think. 

Really nice to hear from Wasiri a lot of the reason for signing was down to the way Doolan conducts himself, seems like a good lad, had a look on Dundalk twitter account and a lot of people saying positive things about him. 

I was recently writing on here about my distaste for a lot of contemporary football shirts and I used Celtic as an example of a club who usually don’t stray too far away from their classic green-white hooped home shirt. Then, lo and behold today comes the latest 2023/24 offering! This looks perhaps the most leftfield creation Celtic have ever signed up to for a home strip in their history. To me, with its bubbly (described as stained glass) hoops which look as if they are rhythmically swaying about, you wonder if the creator was perhaps using 1960s acid-dropping psychedelia as the catalyst for this effort.. Either that or they’d been imbibing some sort of hallucinogenic mind-altering chemical themselves! What a disaster-described as ‘a modern twist’ in the sales blurb! ‘Twisted’ certainly!

Edited by Don Kneelcaster

2 minutes ago, Don Kneelcaster said:

I was recently writing on here about my distaste for a lot of contemporary football shirts and I used Celtic as an example of a club who usually don’t stray too far away from their classic green-white hooped design. Then, lo and behold today comes the latest 2023/24 design! This looks perhaps the most leftfield creation Celtic have ever signed up to for a home strip in their history. To me, with its bubbly (described as stained glass) hoops which look as if they are moving rhythmically about, you wonder if the creator was perhaps using 1960s acid-dropping psychedelia as the catalyst for this effort.. Either that or they’d been imbibing some sort of halucigenic mind-altering chemical themselves! What a disaster-described as ‘a modern modern twist’ in the sales blurb! 

To be fair this seems to be a bad year all round for strips of various brands,  Nothing  really stands out all overthought out, overpriced pish,   The worst of the lot being the Falkirk effort, truly horrific