The Partick Thistle thread

48 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Think that may be right, but don’t know-   feels like he just wasn’t fancied by the manager re style of play he wanted to play.

I don’t think style of play comes into much, Dowds just wasn’t going to displace Graham (aside from goalscoring, his hold up play for was/is nowhere near as good) and any decent form he had for us came prior to Doolan’s arrival. Danny Mullen was rightly ahead of him in the pecking order for most of the 2nd half of last season, although neither were realistically displacing Graham. I actually like Anton but the reality is if it wasn’t for the fact he had a year left on his deal he’d have been released in June. Probably best to just ignore anything ‘Ark Sports’ has to say, on this matter or any other tbh. 

20 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

I sincerely hope that whoever is behind the parody foundation account on Twitter gets the help they so desperately need - and soon.

Unhinged doesn’t even begin to cover it.

Just found it. There were sililar things about Andrew Holloway when the board/TJF/ PTFC Trust shite was happening?

Edited by jagfox

On 18/10/2023 at 18:37, Hammer Jag said:

I sincerely hope that whoever is behind the parody foundation account on Twitter gets the help they so desperately need - and soon.

Unhinged doesn’t even begin to cover it.

Illuminati

Careful they have probably hacked your phone

Edited by El Gringo Jag
Typo

We always seem to fall flat on our face when we get a few new punters through the gates.

Charlie Mulgrew was sat in front of me.

After game noticed a dozen or so guys wearing new Thistle tops 

Turns out they were German sailors who take in a game when in port. 

Couldn't get tickets for Ibrox apparently but fair play to them for putting a few quid in the coffers. 

20 minutes ago, jagfox said:

We always seem to fall flat on our face when we get a few new punters through the gates.

Charlie Mulgrew was sat in front of me.

After game noticed a dozen or so guys wearing new Thistle tops 

Turns out they were German sailors who take in a game when in port. 

Couldn't get tickets for Ibrox apparently but fair play to them for putting a few quid in the coffers. 

Mulgrew would have been an upgrade on muirhead 

1 minute ago, chattyman said:

Brilliant idea, let's wreck the firhill surface for the first team all in aid of ticking boxes yawn!

You think one match will wreck the surface? 
What box exactly do you think they’re ticking here?

11 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

You think one match will wreck the surface? 
What box exactly do you think they’re ticking here?

1 game will become 2, then 3 then permanent. Then the pitch will become the same mess it did when QP shared with us but nobody will be able to complain because you have to be seen to be doing the right thing yawn. Hardly think 300 fans constitutes playing at Firhill, if their stadium cannot handle 300 they should look to Lesser Hampden for the gig.

3 minutes ago, chattyman said:

1 game will become 2, then 3 then permanent. Then the pitch will become the same mess it did when QP shared with us but nobody will be able to complain because you have to be seen to be doing the right thing yawn. Hardly think 300 fans constitutes playing at Firhill, if their stadium cannot handle 300 they should look to Lesser Hampden for the gig.

Cheer up you miserable b*****d. Z

41 minutes ago, chattyman said:

Brilliant idea, let's wreck the firhill surface for the first team all in aid of ticking boxes yawn!

Youth internationals have been played at Firhill. International teams have trained at Firhill. The men's team have held open training sessions at Firhill.

One game will not destroy the pitch. 

10 hours ago, Rubber_Gub said:

Youth internationals have been played at Firhill. International teams have trained at Firhill. The men's team have held open training sessions at Firhill.

One game will not destroy the pitch. 

I am a bit perplexed about this too and particularly the timing. Any explanation ?

Getting a PTWFC match staged at Firhill has been on the agenda for a few seasons now, we're actually one of the few SWPL1 sides that play their matches away from the main club stadium not to have switched a game(s) in recent seasons.

Rangers, Celtic, Hibs (we played Hibs at Easter Road a couple of seasons back), Hearts (we played Hearts at Tynecastle too pre Covid), Aberdeen, Motherwell and Dundee United have all switched games in recent seasons. 

For a whole host of reasons it hasn't been possible until now. You need to fit round the men's team schedule for example and you also want to make sure that you pick the right type of fixture. 

It's all about showcasing the women's team to a wider audience, and it's a real thrill to finally get this scheduled. 

The progress on the pitch is fairly well documented. From playing essentially little mare than recreational, park football to the topflight, and top six, in less than 10 years is a remarkable journey. The professioinalism of players and coaching staff is fantastic. Training three nights a week, it's semi-pro football in all but salary. 

The progress off the pitch has been fantastic too. From being watched by little more than family and friends and attendances numbered in dozens rather than hundreds there has grown a vibrant, passionate support at Petershill Park. I've not met anyone yet that hasn't come along to one of our games and not enjoyed it. It's different, but the thrill of winning is just the same. 

I think the girls deserve the opportunity to showcase what they are about at Firhill. Ticket 'sales' have been brilliant in the less than 24 hours since the annoucment. I don't think it is in doubt that this game will attract a record attendance for the women's team, it's just a case of by how much the record will be smashed by. 

It's Free. It should be a cracking game too. Why not come along and see what it's all about for yourself?