The Partick Thistle thread

I believe Dowds is exploring his options down south, hence why we have moved in quickly for Oakley.  Think our offer will stay on the table, but in no rush now.  His problem will be that there are hundreds of players like him down there.

41 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I believe Dowds is exploring his options down south, hence why we have moved in quickly for Oakley.  Think our offer will stay on the table, but in no rush now.  His problem will be that there are hundreds of players like him down there.

And at best he’s a National League player. Don’t think for a minute he’s going to be good enough for a League 2 side. I’ve never watched him for Ayr and thought he was due a move down South unlike when you watched Akinyemi or even a player like Chalmers. 

39 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

And at best he’s a National League player. Don’t think for a minute he’s going to be good enough for a League 2 side. I’ve never watched him for Ayr and thought he was due a move down South unlike when you watched Akinyemi or even a player like Chalmers. 

Chalmers also in same boat looking down south.  Don't see that after his Tranmere spell either.

24 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

Looking forward to a bowling green-like surface next season for our silky attacking play:

From what I've heard it's a proper surface and substrate re-lay and not the quick scratch over and seed at end of a prolonged season 22-23.Should hopefully help prevent some of the waterlogged/bogey bits close to the JHS and Weir from reappearing.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Jack Sanders looked decent in the last game we played against Ayr, pretty quick and strong. 

No way he’s getting a game for Killie though, as they have one of the best collections of centre halves in Scotland.

Edit: I misread your post as you were surprised Sanders got released! 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

No way he’s getting a game for Killie though, as they have one of the best collections of centre halves in Scotland. 

Yeah, I was talking by Championship standards and still with a bit of wiggle room for improvement with coaching and playing matches.

I doubt we will go for another central defender as a priority anyway as we have more obvious positions needing addressed.

McCall would probably have played best player available and snapped him up.

Edited by Claudia Gentile

31 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

From what I've heard it's a proper surface and substrate re-lay and not the quick scratch over and seed at end of a prolonged season 22-23.Should hopefully help prevent some of the waterlogged/bogey bits close to the JHS and Weir from reappearing.

images(5).jpeg.e7172080584d8c536a7cd7bfd840a848.jpeg

Aside from Robbie Crawford, the other names that I have seen floating about are Rhys Armstrong (previously mentioned on here I believe) and Shaun Byrne.

29 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

Aside from Robbie Crawford, the other names that I have seen floating about are Rhys Armstrong (previously mentioned on here I believe) and Shaun Byrne.

I seem to remember us being linked with Byrne last season when he was made available for loan by Dundee, but he ended up going to Raith instead.

Makes sense if Doolan is still interested, and between him and McBeth we'd finally have a pair of really good options to choose from in the midfield holding role.

2 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

Looking forward to a bowling green-like surface next season for our silky attacking play:

Will probably look exactly like that come February. 

1 hour ago, R&Y99 said:

Imagine if Raith want Byrne (and why wouldn’t they? He’s been really good for them) they’ll have him, especially if they go up. But he’d be a very decent signing imo. Assuming Crawford is a done deal and we’re planning to play McBeth in midfield then I’m not sure we have room in that area of the pitch for Byrne. 

3 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

I see now that St Johnstone have secured top flight status they've sent us a loan.

Posted (edited)

All post-Rovers updates now in place at your Archive and the Jags continue to set new Scottish play-off records...

Rovers 1 Thistle 2 →

:detective:  IT'S A HEARTACHE…

● The closing game of the 149th season of Partick Thistle F.C.
● Somewhat shockingly, at 30y, 1m, 6d, the starting eleven was the 6th oldest-known Partick Thistle team ever to take the field, and the oldest since Dick Campbell fielded a 30y, 1m, 12d old side in a 6-1 defeat away to Gretna in January 2006.
● With his brace on the night, it's 4-in-a-row for Blair Alston in terms of scoring Thistle's goals vs. Raith Rovers, matching the feats of Alex Stott (1952) and Harry Gibson (1928). It's 4 times the amount managed by Zak Rudden!
● In an unprecedented statistical quirk in the club's history, Thistle lead at the final whistle, only to lose the match on penalty kicks, a conundrum which left us scratching our heads over what to do for the best in terms of recording the outcome for the purposes of streaks, tallies and milestones. Statisically, we've concluded that the match can only be considered a loss, and our thought process is laid out in a newly created section on our About page.
● For the 33rd time, a Partick Thistle match goes to a penalty shoot-out, with the record now reading 14 wins and 19 losses.
● Partick Thistle become the first club in Scotland to lose play-off ties on penalties in 2 successive seasons.
● Partick Thistle lose a top-flight play-off tie in 3 successive seasons, matching the record of Hibernian (2016) and Dundee United (2019).
● Partick Thistle have lost twice as many top-flight play-off ties (6) than any other club in Scotland.
● 21-year-old Kieran Ngwenya plays his last game for the club.
● 21-year-old Lewis Neilson plays his last game for the club.

ongoing sequences:
● 39 consecutive competitive appearances for Lewis Neilson, 15th Sep 2023 to date, a new personal best. (Longest run since: Steven Lawless - 60 games, 18th Feb 2023 to 6th Apr 2024. Club-record: Johnny Jackson - 313 games, 28th Aug 1926 to 25th Mar 1933.)
Edited by The Thistle Archive