The Partick Thistle thread

Glad it’s only one team from our league.

Also decent that it’s Dunfermline who we don’t normally play in this competition because they’ve always been a North side until this season.

Other than that:

Matt Leblanc Reaction GIF

39 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Glad it’s only one team from our league.

Also decent that it’s Dunfermline who we don’t normally play in this competition because they’ve always been a North side until this season.

Other than that:

Matt Leblanc Reaction GIF

That's one of the toughest draws that we could have had.

We've drawn the strongest of the first (Buddies) and second (Pars) seeded teams.

A summer trip to Ayr or Annan would have been great.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

7 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

That's one of the toughest draws that we could have had.

We've drawn the strongest of the first (Buddies) and second (Pars) seeded teams.

A summer trip to Ayr or Annan would have been great.

Easy group Percy! We owe St Mirren for the last time we played them. 

Just now, Fuctifano said:

Assuming the 4 pens represent the 4 remaining out of contract players re-signing, though given Foster was the only one of the 4 I'd have kept I hope my assumption is wrong. 

McCall on Friday all but confirmed a loan player from last year will be signing permanently - so either Bell or Tiffoney are possibly part of today’s four.

Happy enough with the extension for Foster.

26 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

McCall on Friday all but confirmed a loan player from last year will be signing permanently - so either Bell or Tiffoney are possibly part of today’s four.

Or MacIver? 

Wonder if you'll go after McDaid? He was falling to the periphery of our squad at the end of the season again. Our first signing is looking like it'll be Luke McCowan from Ayr. And I don't think he'll be good enough for the top flight.

He's got another year on his deal, but we'd be fairly easy to deal with I'd imagine.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Wonder if you'll go after McDaid? He was falling to the periphery of our squad at the end of the season again. Our first signing is looking like it'll be Luke McCowan from Ayr. And I don't think he'll be good enough for the top flight.

He's got another year on his deal, but we'd be fairly easy to deal with I'd imagine.

We probably will since McCalls worked with him before and we were trying to get him in last season.

His hair annoys me though, and he seems to be a complete sand dancer anytime I’ve seen him, so I hope not. 

1 minute ago, third lanark said:

According to one of the papers (no idea if any truth in it) we were being linked with Scott Robinson and Stephen Dobbie.  If that’s the case mciver might be 5th choice if it happens 

I believe Robinson was one that we were linked with as well.

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Would have thought McCall would prioritise getting Bell and/or Tiffoney sorted well before we look at MacIver.

Yeah I'd guess so to, wouldn't be surprised to see MacIver end up back at Firhill however.

5 minutes ago, third lanark said:

According to one of the papers (no idea if any truth in it) we were being linked with Scott Robinson and Stephen Dobbie.  If that’s the case mciver might be 5th choice if it happens 

McCall sort of created the link with Dobbie himself, I don't really see it happening (not to say it definitely won't). Robinson is linked with a few clubs but he'd definitely be a good signing for us if it happens. If we were to sign both of them, then I agree MacIver would be of little use as he'd be far down the pecking order and be better going to a club where he'll play more. 

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It would be of no surprise to anyone if McCall tried to get him again, unless he's improved a lot recently he probably isn't good enough for the top flight so would imagine Dundee will move him on somewhere. We do need a winger, and some more pace in the side  so it's plausible move. 

26 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Shea Gordon the next one to sign up. Inevitable they'd sneak a shite one in the middle of 4 signings.

I’m still not 100 per cent convinced with Sneddon who I reckon will be one of the others. Pulled off some important saves but had a few howlers too

Edited by third lanark