The Partick Thistle thread

edit: Falkirk site doesn't seem to like direct links to pics on here, there's a picture of the trialist on there at this link .. agree with Maine, wouldn't surprise me if he signed and Balatoni came (crawling) back.

What's the deal with emergency loans- are they only to lower leagues, I assume we definitely can't get any cross border loans now?

Anyway, with the window about to close the squad that finished last season and the current one, strikethroughs are long term injured or on loan, red and green are my opinion on whether the player is better than that they replaced- being optimistic on Muirhead. From that, it doesn't seem as if the squad is that much weaker, although we're lacking numbers in defence, more that existing players haven't played well this season.

post-107-0-21501800-1441142856_thumb.png

Edited by Fuctifano

Pleased with signing muirhead but think we still needed a couple of others so disappointed there's not been any more especially if guys like Seabourne are going to be crocked most of the season. I would take Balatoni back

Don't know what happened to Stanton where did he end up?

We still need a defender (preferably one who could play across the back 4, Jordan McMillanesque with out the gear sniffin) and a wide player. Given that we can onlu really afford free agents we still have time.

£280k would be good business for Hendry but Agent Scotland is a 15 year old virgin.

I think £280k was his 'market value' on the 'transfermarkt' website. Ryan Stevenson's 'value' on the same site is £315k, Tomas Cerny's is over £500k. But the lad has a Scotland crest on his twitter so he must be legit.

Any money we got for him will almost certainly see us bringing in at least one player before the Dundee game though. It's great business by us seeing as he was signed for nothing and largely unheard of before his debut v Motherwell. I also don't think he'd have featured in our first 11 if everyone was available either, as Archibald seems to want to make a right footed + left footed partnership out of Frans and Lindsay. But he looks like a real prospect and it would gave been good to see us develop him over a season or two.

Muirhead's a good player, but I can only see him playing out wide where he's hardly getting good reviews from Killie or DU fans. Should still be better than what we have but I'm unconvinced we'll have sorted our powderpuff looking attack.

Edited by Firhill Road