The Partick Thistle thread

I can understand players getting banned despite having no knowledge when its being done by people employed by them to look after them, but to get spiked to the point where the guy got charged by police, completely unwittingly, and still get a 2 year ban is ridiculous.

Livermore got nothing didn't he? I know he's had a shitty time of it with his kid dieing, but he still knowingly took it. Very, very harsh.

You can get the full decision on the UKAD site from this link

Couple of interesting points- they threw out his case on the basis that this Sean Malloy character's story had holes in it, but even if they had accepted he spiked the drink then gave McMillan the wrong glass he'd still have got a year's ban for not taking enough care.

Archie felt a bit responsible as he only called McMillan on the afternoon of the game to see if he could fill the bench as player (cough, Seaborne, cough) had called off at the last minute and never had any intention of using him.

Billy Dodds character witness statement proves that he can only talk in cliches- "a man's man" and "a top listener" for f**k's sake.

I enjoyed the definition of "a lager tops".

Putting my tinfoil helmet on for a second, did McMillan not used to run around with some fairly unsavoury characters? Just speculating that this Malloy fella could have been hung out to dry in an attempt to cover up- unsuccessfully- more conventional drug use.

Agree that 2 years seems harsh. It's not exactly performance enhancing...

Yeah this is what I don't understand, if he was found guilty of taking an illegal substance then surely it would be a police matter?

I'd understand if it was a performance enhancing drug

I can't access the link on my phone.

Am I right in thinking that McMillan is saying that someone put coke in their drink then gave it to McMillan by mistake? That sounds like bullshit tbh.

3/4 of a gram in one shot no less, no numbness or feelings of being wired either......

I particularly liked how he went to a pub to watch a game then missed a good chunk of the game to jump in a taxi because he was invited to watch the game in someone's bedroom instead and then at full time went back to the pub and it definitely wasn't him going to the house because one of his mates said they had some coke there.

The only bit to me that rings true was that he wouldn't have intentionally put himself in the position to potentially be selected for a drugs test, but I'd put that down to a) the rumour / myth that coke is in and out your system within 48 hours meaning he'd be clean by the Wednesday night if he was taking it on the Sunday and b) just thinking the chances of being picked were next to none (don't know how often folk are tested in SPFL).

Not only is this another embarrassing chapter in the history of PTFC but my own club should have this morning been on to the powers-that-be to demand a review of the final standings of the 12-13 season.

Our support always felt something very fishy occurred that season and this confirms it.

Pathetic nonsense from a sad and desperate loser.

Cocaine is not performance enhancing anyway.