The Partick Thistle thread

6 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

That’s Ballantyne officially signed for Morton. Which is a bit of a blow, tbh.

Big Waz at right back it is.

Either these wee diddy teams, Ayr and Morton are offering more money or they don't want to play for a team pushing for promotion. Not really a blow. I am sure Kris knows what he is doing.

Edited by Highlandmagar

Not that he'd be first choice in any position but I wonder if we'll be back in for Ngwenya if Aberdeen let him go without needing a development fee? Assuming we'll sign a right back of some kind and hopefully another CB, he'd offer cover for a few positions and you need a guy like that in the squad, plus he's from Glasgow.

Anyway, social media team are all on the piss in Germany for the next ten days so not expecting to hear much.

Would be much more entertaining if we let them send stuff at 10pm after a full day on the German lager.

Finding a new match is always big news for us - but to find one under the "competitive" banner is super-rare. A very good report of the match from the Bridge of Allan Gazette is included in our match hub. As can be seen from the excerpt below, it was very much a different era! Everything updated everywhere...

14-Jun-2024 06-May-1925 King's Park 4 Partick Thistle 1 (Stirling Charity Cup Final) (Well well well, another new competitive match which previously fell through the cracks for we historians, sorry about that, but better late than never. So, as it transpires, we played this fixture in 4 successive years, 1924 to 1927. Alas, it's a new record defeat in the H2H, just 4 days after beating Celtic with almost the same team too, you just can't predict them!)
14-Jun-2024 versus King's Park (H2H update - previously unrecorded game means a new H2H record defeat)
14-Jun-2024 Jimmy Kinloch ('Every Goal' tab updated - up to 75)
14-Jun-2024 All-time goalscorers charts (Jimmy Kinloch +1)
14-Jun-2024 Illustrated Top 50 competitive scorers (73-goal Jimmy Kinloch now outright 24th)
14-Jun-2024 Results Summaries (7 tables updated as a result of the King's Park discovery above)
14-Jun-2024 Partick Thistle FC honours list (list updated as a result of the King's Park discovery above)

1925-05-06-sc3.jpg

24 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

No chance we offered Ballantyne more money than Partick (if they did offer hom anything that is). Perhaps a 2 year deal swung it?

Doolan quite likes tying players down so it’s unlikely if we were interested we’d have offered less than 2 years. I think the rumour we were interested in him was only really people putting 2 and 2 together because McMillan had left us and Ballantyne refused a deal at Airdrie. 

Edited by JagsCG

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

No chance we offered Ballantyne more money than Partick (if they did offer hom anything that is). Perhaps a 2 year deal swung it?

2 year deal definitely seems a kicker in these kind of deals. Also he's going to be a first choice every week when fit going by who Morton have signed up.

I genuinely don't know if we were interested but I think he'll be a good signing for Morton.

3 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Not that he'd be first choice in any position but I wonder if we'll be back in for Ngwenya if Aberdeen let him go without needing a development fee? Assuming we'll sign a right back of some kind and hopefully another CB, he'd offer cover for a few positions and you need a guy like that in the squad, plus he's from Glasgow.

Anyway, social media team are all on the piss in Germany for the next ten days so not expecting to hear much.

Would be much more entertaining if we let them send stuff at 10pm after a full day on the German lager.

FWIW Ngwenya has been released by Aberdeen, their released list only came out this afternoon. if the wages make sense I can see us going in for him. Someone else might be able to offer him more starts though.

Edited by Fuctifano

I wouldn’t be taking Ngwenya back. He’s decent enough for back-up at LB but ideally our back-up LB would also be able to cover in other positions. I think he’s pretty limited and doesn’t offer anything at RB or LW.

3 hours ago, Claudia Gentile said:

2 year deal definitely seems a kicker in these kind of deals. Also he's going to be a first choice every week when fit going by who Morton have signed up.

I genuinely don't know if we were interested but I think he'll be a good signing for Morton.

He's going to be an upgrade on last seasons right back anyway and the reviews from Airdrie fans have been positive. Hopefully he does the business. 

5 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

He's going to be an upgrade on last seasons right back anyway and the reviews from Airdrie fans have been positive. Hopefully he does the business. 

He played mostly left back last season so he'll definitely get a game.

Surely there’s no chance we bring back Ngwenya. He did absolutely nothing last season to merit a permanent contract with us.

Plus, he’s primarily a LB; a position where we have the best starter in the league outside the top flight. Even if he had shown something positive I’d have thought it would be a questionable move at best while we’re trying to fill some of the bigger holes in the squad.

I would be hoping that Doolan uses his budget more wisely than that.

Edited by Nightmare

1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

Seems the Scotland Women’s Team are playing a top of the table clash against Serbia at Firhill on 16th July. 

Playing at the Wyre Stadium apparently.

Wherever the f**k that is.

Non fitba question which I hope you lads might be able to help me with.

My son is going into 2nd year at Glasgow Uni and they are looking at a flat in the middle of this area.

Any thoughts?

Looks perfectly decent when I have been past, very close to the uni etc. Any problems I (as a non-local) might not be aware of?

image.thumb.png.dc9b23db37b45f5e89c1c4b9562e7e35.png

7 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

My son is going into 2nd year at Glasgow Uni and they are looking at a flat in the middle of this area.

Any thoughts?

Looks perfectly decent when I have been past, very close to the uni etc. Any problems I (as a non-local) might not be aware of?

Ideal location as long as the property is up to scratch. 

54 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Any thoughts?

I lived just a bit further down towards St George's Cross for uni and it's a pretty ideal area to live in at that age. Wouldn't have any concerns at all about him moving there.