The Partick Thistle thread

It’s nice enough.

I’m a bit disappointed in the collar and cuffs being the same as the home top. Gives more of a “mass produced” vibe and the red and yellow doesn’t really go with the purple. Plain black would have been decent.

Presumably it is genuinely something to do with the fact that they had already produced these collars and was easy to stick with them. 

Apparently we are trying to bring Megwa in on loan from Hibs. 

I am surprised Hibs are looking to loan him to the championship again, but that would be a brilliant replacement for Jack McMillan if Doolan can pull it off.

31 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

I am surprised Hibs are looking to loan him to the championship again, but that would be a brilliant replacement for Jack McMillan if Doolan can pull it off.

I heard this earlier this week, but I'm assuming that Hibs will want to at least have a look at him in a friendly to see how he does.

Might be one for a couple of weeks down the line.

59 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

Good signing but from what I saw a very different player to Jack. Megwa is defensively outstanding but didn't offer a huge amount going forwards in the games against us last season. 

33 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Good signing but from what I saw a very different player to Jack. Megwa is defensively outstanding but didn't offer a huge amount going forwards in the games against us last season. 

To be honest McMillan was the opposite. Was often caught with his pants down after being unable to track back or simply not bothering. 

2 hours ago, R&Y99 said:

I hope that we can get him in, I'm sure he would do a great job for us. 

I would be made up with Megwa. Being simple myself, I have simple base criteria for a full-back if you have outlet players.  The ability to defend and ping a ball down the line for their team-mate.  If the lad has the legs to get up and down, we can work on developing his final ball.

2 hours ago, Red Kite said:

I would be made up with Megwa. Being simple myself, I have simple base criteria for a full-back if you have outlet players.  The ability to defend and ping a ball down the line for their team-mate.  If the lad has the legs to get up and down, we can work on developing his final ball.

Pretty much the way I see it with Chalmers in the attacking half and working on overlaps and the like as pre-season and the competitive games progress.

42 minutes ago, Bazza The Jag said:

He was on loan from Hibs at Airdrie last season, and he played well against us.

Sorry, I mean where have they heard about us signing Megwa? It seems like something quite baseless which has come from social media. All I have seen is jags fans wishing we signed him.

Oli Shaw also mentioned?