The Partick Thistle thread

55 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Aw fucking hell I hope not. 

He scored 14 goals in 29 games the last time he played in this league. If we are interested then I’d be pleased with that.

Tomi is absolutely perfect for us, but whether he would even consider it is another story. First of all some racist stuff but also the week before that he was arguing with fans. And I recall people having a right go at him on Twitter after that, and talking about him being lazy, and he actually went through and liked the tweets. So I'm not sure he has that much of an affinity for Thistle tbh.

3 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Tomi is (was?) also on a large wage at Swindon which we were only paying a portion of.

Finances alone would make it difficult to sign him again, let alone the other stuff which has already been mentioned.

A few folk have said this, but his wage at Swindon looks to have been comparable to a top SPFL Championship wage. Their highest earner last season was Charlie Austin and he was on about 2.6k a week. He is going to have to consider any offer he gets, given he is not going to be fit for the start of the season. Swindon released him so he has no club.

Also he was still up here at the end of the season, which surprised me as I thought he would be straight back down the road.

10 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Tomi is (was?) also on a large wage at Swindon which we were only paying a portion of.

Finances alone would make it difficult to sign him again, let alone the other stuff which has already been mentioned.

Given he wouldn’t be first choice (although he’s good enough to be first choice at our level) I doubt we could justify a big wage - if that’s what he’d be looking for. I’d probably take him over the other names I’ve seen touted/ Oli Shaw and Rudden. 

Wouldn’t say Tomi ever looked lazy but his body language was often a bit off (he can be as moody and neutral looking as he likes for all I care if he’s putting in a shift and banging in the goals), perhaps he wasn’t keen on lack of game time though. Good to see he’s well on road to recovery whatever next season holds for him.

Edited by JagsCG

I am thinking along the lines of being a sub striker could suit him to a degree if he isn't going to be 100% fit for some time. We are approaching a point where a selling point to any striker is - if you're good enough here, you're replacing BBG 100% and you could have a very successful time ahead of you.

Feel that's possibly what we were looking for in Oakley - not this season for you but next season you will be making the step up. There's a chance it might even be this season. Who knows what kind of season Graham will have? Injurys etc could play a role.

Oli Shaw is an interesting one.  Motherwell have managed to get Theo Bair firing, after a low period, but it is just not happening for Shaw from what I have seen.  It shows how flakey football can be.  Thistle may be a less pressured environment for the lad to get a bit of game-time and some confidence back.  If the vibes are right for Tomi and he is prepared to put in a proper shift, get him signed.

I’d be delighted with Shaw and Adeloye which I presume would allow Diack to go out on loan.  I think Shaw would benefit from working with Doolan and Graham and can get goals in the championship as we previously saw.  We already know what Adeloye can do - though would hope we know he is fully recovered rather than be several months yet before he’s available to play and he’s not even able to make the bench 

I saw someone mention Rudden, is that a genuine link? Would prefer the other 2, while there’s no doubting his ability there’s the question over his attitude when leaving and I think he is still under contract with Dundee so I guess will be up to them

18 minutes ago, third lanark said:

I’d be delighted with Shaw and Adeloye which I presume would allow Diack to go out on loan.  I think Shaw would benefit from working with Doolan and Graham and can get goals in the championship as we previously saw.  We already know what Adeloye can do - though would hope we know he is fully recovered rather than be several months yet before he’s available to play and he’s not even able to make the bench 

I saw someone mention Rudden, is that a genuine link? Would prefer the other 2, while there’s no doubting his ability there’s the question over his attitude when leaving and I think he is still under contract with Dundee so I guess will be up to them

Rudden? League 1 is,about his level. No thanks.

19 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Rudden is still dining out on 2 weeks at the end of the League 1 season. No thanks.

35 minutes ago, baba douche said:

Rudden is still dining out on 2 weeks at the end of the League 1 season. No thanks.

Definitely not before Shaw and Adeloye.  It was just someone mentioned a link to him so I was just wondering if it was genuine or not- it’s probably just a made up one

12 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Definitely not before Shaw and Adeloye.  It was just someone mentioned a link to him so I was just wondering if it was genuine or not- it’s probably just a made up one

I think Rudden's agent will be putting his name out there as much as possible, that's where the link will come from.

Someone will bite - maybe McCall at Clyde.