The Partick Thistle thread

2 hours ago, BigMadMental said:

Rudden as a backup isn’t so bad

graham possibly feels like he can play with him or has chemistry with him, in the event that Robinson can’t play 

My lasting impression of Rudden's tenure at Firhill was a lot of huff,puff and then eventually blows himself down ...no ta. 

Edited by I Clavdivs

2 hours ago, BigMadMental said:

Rudden as a backup isn’t so bad

graham possibly feels like he can play with him or has chemistry with him, in the event that Robinson can’t play 

Would have thought Shaw would be better has a decent scoring record for the championship and doesn’t seem the kind of player to down tools(rumours that Rudden had done that to get the move to Dundee- though who knows for certain if it was true) then again this season sounds like we are really going for it so maybe Doolan is hoping for both Shaw and Rudden with Graham and Diack on loan.

No idea if Chalmers is away on holiday just now or contract with Dundee United has ended yet - not seen him in the training videos or any interviews yet

7 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Would have thought Shaw would be better has a decent scoring record for the championship and doesn’t seem the kind of player to down tools(rumours that Rudden had done that to get the move to Dundee- though who knows for certain if it was true) then again this season sounds like we are really going for it so maybe Doolan is hoping for both Shaw and Rudden with Graham and Diack on loan.

No idea if Chalmers is away on holiday just now or contract with Dundee United has ended yet - not seen him in the training videos or any interviews yet

I can't see Big Brian being loaned out mate 😉

Logan scored in a Thistle Vs Thistle bounce-match this afternoon.

Also saw him in some socials this week, pictured at Firhill post training.

Edited by Claudia Gentile

3 hours ago, third lanark said:

so maybe Doolan is hoping for both Shaw and Rudden

From what I understand we are looking to bring in one or the other. I am not aware of which one is our preferred option though. 
It appears Doolan wants to operate with three strikers at the club similar to last season - Graham, Shaw/Rudden and Diack.

Difficult to judge because we’ve predominantly played 1 up top since he left but Rudden undoubtedly had the best partnership with Graham than any striker we’ve signed since. I don’t fancy Rudden at all as a lone forward though which creates a major problem with him if the plan is still for 1 up top (which I imagine it will be). He’s also flattered to deceive everywhere he’s went since leaving us.

6 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Difficult to judge because we’ve predominantly played 1 up top since he left but Rudden undoubtedly had the best partnership with Graham than any striker we’ve signed since. I don’t fancy Rudden at all as a lone forward though which creates a major problem with him if the plan is still for 1 up top (which I imagine it will be). He’s also flattered to deceive everywhere he’s went since leaving us.

Hale flattered to deceive most of the time he was with us as well.

In League 1.

No thanks.

Originally published in the WeAreThistle forum 10 years ago and now, on the anniversary of the win, re-published as our latest 'Partickle' with new photies and whatnot...

On the 30th June 1945, Partick Thistle won the second of the three major trophies to land in the cabinet at Firhill Road - The Summer Cup. It’s the one that’s virtually forgotten about – mainly due to the fact that it was a short-lived wartime competition which, unlike the Scottish Cup and the League Cup, is now firmly out of sight and out of mind. However, it was regarded nationally as a significant achievement for the Jags at the time, and it should naturally follow that it remains so in the 21st Century. This is the story of six consecutive Saturdays in the summer of 1945. The war in Europe was over and – for the faithful in red ‘n’ yellow – Thistle did their very best to paint over the grey…

The Road To Hampden 1945 →

rth1945-1.jpg

5 hours ago, baba douche said:

Hale flattered to deceive most of the time he was with us as well.

In League 1.

No thanks.

Mixture of injuries, stop-start season and shot confidence but once he eventually got up and running he had a very good end of the league 1 season and then decent first half of the following in the championship (him leaving and our inability to replace him was a big issue in the second half). He’s not been able to replicate that elsewhere though was my point. 

Edited by JagsCG

On 28/06/2024 at 19:03, Reid said:

He scored 14 goals in 29 games the last time he played in this league. If we are interested then I’d be pleased with that.

I think his confidence is almost entirely gone though.

He got played clean through against us last season and this ends with him falling over the ball when trying to control it without even attempting a shot or pass.

Screenshot_20240630_142422_YouTube.thumb.jpg.44b67d9a3eed34bf5eab3dbbf56ee8ae.jpg

9 hours ago, The Thistle Archive said:

Originally published in the WeAreThistle forum 10 years ago and now, on the anniversary of the win, re-published as our latest 'Partickle' with new photies and whatnot...

On the 30th June 1945, Partick Thistle won the second of the three major trophies to land in the cabinet at Firhill Road - The Summer Cup. It’s the one that’s virtually forgotten about – mainly due to the fact that it was a short-lived wartime competition which, unlike the Scottish Cup and the League Cup, is now firmly out of sight and out of mind. However, it was regarded nationally as a significant achievement for the Jags at the time, and it should naturally follow that it remains so in the 21st Century. This is the story of six consecutive Saturdays in the summer of 1945. The war in Europe was over and – for the faithful in red ‘n’ yellow – Thistle did their very best to paint over the grey…

The Road To Hampden 1945 →

rth1945-1.jpg

What a brilliant picture that is.