The Partick Thistle thread

Just now, JagsCG said:

Not necessarily, it could well be later in the window when we add another striker. Not convinced Diack will go out on loan this season either, I think Doolan might want to keep him as an option. 

Just one of the posts said earlier we were looking at both Shaw and Rudden with an either/or approach so if Shaw is away then the focus might shift to Rudden.

I'd take him back no problem at all really. Appreciate he hasnt played well at his various clubs since but I though he always looked quite sharp when he played for Raith Rovers.

Just now, JagsCG said:

Not necessarily, it could well be later in the window when we add another striker. Not convinced Diack will go out on loan this season either, I think Doolan might want to keep him as an option. 

Even if he keeps Diack we would need another striker in case Graham or Diack got injured.  
I would think Adeloye would be signing given his goal record last year unless he’s not interested or still likely to be injured for some time

13 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Even if he keeps Diack we would need another striker in case Graham or Diack got injured.  
I would think Adeloye would be signing given his goal record last year unless he’s not interested or still likely to be injured for some time

As others have said, Adeloye was rumoured to be on quite a wedge at Swindon. He'd need to be prepared to take a hefty cut to come to us I'm guessing. I'm not saying he won't but I think it's probably not an odds on just now. Maybe as the window goes on if he hasn't had many offers. 

28 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Agree. Doolan himself the other day said we needed another striker, just meaning in the terms that it’s not an immediate priority so could come later in the window without being too much of an issue.

14 hours ago, BigMadMental said:

So it'll be Rudden we sign then, going by earlier posts? Or maybe Adeloye.

There's a whole lot more than Rudden and Adeloye out there, also, I reckon no chance Adeloye comes back IMO. 

Bobby Wales could be an option as I can't imagine he'll get into the Killie team yet and scored a fair amount in a meh Alloa side last year. 

36 minutes ago, thistledo said:

There's a whole lot more than Rudden and Adeloye out there, also, I reckon no chance Adeloye comes back IMO. 

Agreed on both parts of this sentence.

I’m not sure if it’s like this with other clubs as well, but as a fanbase we really do seem obsessed with speculating about the return of ex-players.

7 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I’m not sure if it’s like this with other clubs as well, but as a fanbase we really do seem obsessed with speculating about the return of ex-players.

To be fair, we've had some success recruiting ex-players recently (Lawless, McMillan, Fitzpatrick, - and perhaps to a lesser extent- Muirhead), to which we can now add Turner and Crawford.

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Has Kerr McInroy been offered a contract from you boys? I just presumed he would sign permanently for you given he was a starter a lot last season. Has the Kyle Turner signing maybe put a spanner in the works. 

No idea, but I’d be surprised given the amount of central midfielders we already have - Stanway, Bannigan, McBeth, Turner, Robinson and Crawford are all signed up, with Alston having an offer on the table apparently. 

26 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

To be fair, we've had some success recruiting ex-players recently (Lawless, McMillan, Fitzpatrick, - and perhaps to a lesser extent- Muirhead), to which we can now add Turner and Crawford.

True - I guess it does point to the size of the market we’re shopping in. I think I’m still scarred from the constant calls for the return of Steven Craig for about two  years after we’d released him following promotion.

And on the subject of the current names/links, there’s got to be a better option out there than Zak Rudden.

4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

True - I guess it does point to the size of the market we’re shopping in. I think I’m still scarred from the constant calls for the return of Steven Craig for about two  years after we’d released him following promotion.

And on the subject of the current names/links, there’s got to be a better option out there than Zak Rudden.

Conor Sammon? ;) At least we've not gone for the other Muirhead!

Don't get the Rudden interest either. Didn't show much if anything with Raith.

Obviously a confidence player. 

Similar to the player released with Airdrie we were linked with. That one has gone quiet too.

Not adverse to a different type of striker to add to the mix.

I guess we will find out one way or the other in the next few weeks.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Over the years it's certainly been like that at Dundee. Kane Hemmings and Greg Stewart being two recent examples.

If we're not sending Diack out on loan then I'd be looking for someone with pace to play through the middle, it's still something we're lacking a bit even with the new signings - don't know about MacKay, I know he's played against us but can't remember him individually- but even if he is quick he's likely to be played wide.