The Partick Thistle thread

Please no.

"Devine has been an important player for us this season and regardless of the Raven issue, we absolutely need cover in defence. Devine is still young and could well mature into a very fine player."

Now that he's a Thistle player and reading up on fan opinions of him, I've decided that this is a decent signing.  :ph34r:

Welcome Danny.

20160616_devine2.jpg
Edited by Red 'N Yellow

I read somewhere that he's captain of Killie's under 20s, so I don't think he'll be making a sideways move just to be part of our development team.

An article on the SFA website says he's a right back and centre half, so certainly looks like he could be Gary Miller's replacement as back up full back and fourth choice centre half.

It would perhaps be difficult attracting a player with similar experience to Miller, knowing they wouldn't be starting ahead of Dumbuya, so maybe this is the level we're looking at replacement wise. 

I'm pretty sure the story will be correct given I know the reporter involved. Be interesting if we have to pay anything or not.

That's probably spot on, carrying 3 senior centre halves leaves you a bit light, 4 with one that is hardly going to play barring injury, so 3 with a dev squad player who can step up is ideal- I guess the idea last year was Whiteside would have filled that role but wasn't very good.

I'm sure fans of <<player's previous team>> told us <<player>> was going to be shite but he turned out to be <<better than average/good/amazing>> so I'll wait and see about Devine.

Still pretty young as well, we must be looking for someone a bit older for the final centre half slot. I've assumed to this point both Syme and Devine are right sided as well.

From memory Dumbaya wasn't highly thought of and we equally slate Fox who is well rated up north. Will see how he does with the encouragement of Archie and joys of the leafy West End.

Edited by mrcat1990