The Partick Thistle thread

Arthur confirmed as GK coach.

Pretty happy with that, we were never really going to get a substantial upgrade on Gallacher in honesty.

Strange comment. I didn't see anything to suggest Gall was a great coach.

The club are looking for compo from the SPFL over us not getting to have 3 OF home games pre-split.

Delighted with the return of the King.

Re: compensation, it's a bit of a riddy to openly admit that we chase the OF-pound, however it's totally wrong to have such a disparity in home / away fixtures between six clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

It's not so much chasing it as much as budgeting on the basis of the league doing what they've always done and then they change the way they've worked it leaving us and other clubs with a shortfall without the league even giving the clubs prior notice.

Delighted with the return of the King.

Re: compensation, it's a bit of a riddy to openly admit that we chase the OF-pound, however it's totally wrong to have such a disparity in home / away fixtures between six clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Agree with this. It's a bit small time to moan about not getting enough home games against the OF, and it's just giving the ugly sisters an excuse to gloat about how essential they are to Scottish football. 

Still shite from the SPFL to give no prior warning that this would happen, and I do hope you get squared up for it. You guys are good c***s really. 

It won't make much difference financially to Hearts tbf, as a) we'll almost certainly be top 6 anyway and b),the number of STs we've sold means it barely matters who we're playing from a gate point of view.

I can see why PT would find it unfair but then on the other hand it means you'll have a more winnable set of home fixtures and more chance of top 6.

Our statement is a bit pathetic, to be honest. No need for us to be so open about it, and would've preferred us to have this all done without making it so public from the outset.

Yes, we should have been given prior notice about this but I do not see what releasing a statement publically on the day the fixtures are released is going to achieve, except media attention - most of which will presumably be negative, given that its Celtic/The Rangers.

It won't make much difference financially to Hearts tbf, as a) we'll almost certainly be top 6 anyway and b),the number of STs we've sold means it barely matters who we're playing from a gate point of view.

I can see why PT would find it unfair but then on the other hand it means you'll have a more winnable set of home fixtures and more chance of top 6.

Yup.

Bring on the OF vermin. Only require the Jackie Husband seats to be disinfected and jet washed twice pre split ;)

Agree with this. It's a bit small time to moan about not getting enough home games against the OF, and it's just giving the ugly sisters an excuse to gloat about how essential they are to Scottish football. 

Still shite from the SPFL to give no prior warning that this would happen, and I do hope you get squared up for it. You guys are good c***s really. 

The thing is though, with Rangers not around, they were not around for everyone. Now that they are here, then given the financial effect there should be no disparity. Based on Thistle's figures, if we lose £120,000 and Dundee (for example) gain a similar amount, that's a gap of nearly a quarter of a million quid between the two clubs incomes caused by the split format. 

The bottom bit, the big dark cloud could have a silver lining....

Seems like nothings changed with that stupid league split still causing stooshies.

Arguably also a more loseable set of away fixtures

Worth noting that the 3 home games arrangement was made with a different league body, the SPL. The SPFL does not look to have this policy.

Also worth noting that Sevco merely took the place of Dundee United fixture wise, with Thistle having played United twice at home pre split last season, they now play the replacement twice away.

Understand why the directors are disappointed in it but there's a financial incentive to make the top 6 now.

Arguably also a more loseable set of away fixtures

Or more opportunities for the defence to do unfathomably daft things with two minutes left on the clock at 1-1.

:)

They're not. They're a wholly community-spirited duopoly in business for the good of the diddy clubs.

Okay, once you discover that's a crock of horseshit and your team has survived for yonks without playing them maybe it's time to point out that a league of two won't be the big TV draw everyone seems to believe it is. How about the league just does its fucking job properly.

:)