The Partick Thistle thread

Worth noting that the 3 home games arrangement was made with a different league body, the SPL. The SPFL does not look to have this policy.

Also worth noting that Sevco merely took the place of Dundee United fixture wise, with Thistle having played United twice at home pre split last season, they now play the replacement twice away.

Understand why the directors are disappointed in it but there's a financial incentive to make the top 6 now.

Oh. There wasn't before? Wish I'd known that it was just for shits and giggles.

We managed pretty well with zero games against Rangers in the last 3 years, so it's not a case of "needing" the money, just being realistic about a level playing field.

I'm personally glad I'll have less visits from them next season.

Oh. There wasn't before? Wish I'd known that it was just for shits and giggles.

The way your board of directors have thrown their rattle out the pram, you'd think it was just for shits and giggles. Fairly embarrassing statement.

Club doesn't say anything "Why aren't they making a fuss about this?"

Club goes public "embarrassing" "demeaning"

edited to add: not having a go at the Dons fan who thinks it's only "fairly embarrassing"

Edited by archie guevara

Excellent statement from the club.

The SPFL can't expect to move the goalposts and those shafted to meekly accept it.

Edited by Nizzy

Did you see much of his first time with us then?

Most of it, and thankfully we've come a long way since. In any case, why we need a goalkeeping coach at all is beyond me, when we already have a highly talented and highly experienced option as our current number 1. Waste of a wage.

Arthur's huge limitations as a goalkeeper were negated to a great extent by the technical aspects of his game. His positioning was always spot on and his actual mistakes were almost non existent.I think he'll make a better coach than he was keeper.

Agree with a lot of this, however goal he conceded up at Pittodrie in our first season back up last time where he came charging out and then missed the ball still makes me shiver

Agree with a lot of this, however goal he conceded up at Pittodrie in our first season back up last time where he came charging out and then missed the ball still makes me shiver

I heard a tale about this - albeit apocryphal - that involved Kenny's neck and an inspirational coaching technique. Just talk, you understand. A little misunderstanding between gentlemen, you understand.

:)

Initial thought on hearing we had released 'a statement' was, that will be a major cringe but having read it, it seems honest enough.

Celtic taking the piss again with early season friendly veto.

Lack of ugly sisters home games. I hate factoring in the bigot pound but if the club have budgeted on it and others are gaining it does seem unfair.

Also Christmas/New Year fixtures are not great and will no doubt degenerate into an utter shambles once they are all shifted for tv.

On the statement itself, I totally agree with the principle of what we're saying. As much as I dislike the ugly sisters, they will provide a substantial gate figure with every home fixture against them. However, whilst their statement about us making a loss of £120,000 as a result of missing out on a fixture we thought we'd get may be correct, it's total guesswork to assume that the reverse will apply to the other clubs who have benefited (Hearts especially).

Just seen the home strip, it will definitely divide opinion.

Initial thoughts: understated but effective. Well-defined, assertive. 

Will disappoint those hoping for crescendo-like rootiness.

Could post pics, but won't.