The Partick Thistle thread

Sun reporting we're signing David Syme from Killie tomorrow. He turns 19 next week so presumably with an eye on the development squad.

Presumably, but he start five first-team games last season.

I read somewhere that he's captain of Killie's under 20s, so I don't think he'll be making a sideways move just to be part of our development team.

An article on the SFA website says he's a right back and centre half, so certainly looks like he could be Gary Miller's replacement as back up full back and fourth choice centre half.

It would perhaps be difficult attracting a player with similar experience to Miller, knowing they wouldn't be starting ahead of Dumbuya, so maybe this is the level we're looking at replacement wise. 

I'm pretty sure the story will be correct given I know the reporter involved. Be interesting if we have to pay anything or not.

I read somewhere that he's captain of Killie's under 20s, so I don't think he'll be making a sideways move just to be part of our development team.

An article on the SFA website says he's a right back and centre half, so certainly looks like he could be Gary Miller's replacement as back up full back and fourth choice centre half.

It would perhaps be difficult attracting a player with similar experience to Miller, knowing they wouldn't be starting ahead of Dumbuya, so maybe this is the level we're looking at replacement wise. 

I'm pretty sure the story will be correct given I know the reporter involved. Be interesting if we have to pay anything or not.

If memory serves he was released before the end of the season so it's unlikely we will, well, anything massive if it's anything at all.

Danny Devine apparently? alot of ICT fans seemed happy he was leaving, he played 37 league games last year though.

He played that many because he was pretty much our only defender not injured for prolonged parts of the season. Also, thanks to Hughes taking the huff with Raven, our best centre back Meekigns was forced to play at RB meaning Devine continued in the middle.

He's not a terrible defender to be fair to the guy. He can make good tackles, win his fair share of headers and so on but he was also prone to dallying on the ball, cheaply giving away possession, losing his opponents, missing headers and costing us goals at crucial points in games.

He's competent but that's about it and with Raven likely to take the RB slot again now that Hughes has left it means that Devine would be back to playing second fiddle to the preferred CB pairing of Meekings and Warren. He clearly feels he is capable of being first choice defender and wasn't willing to be back up any more.