The Partick Thistle thread

A striker that doesn't score goals. Cause we obviously lack one of those at present.

Willing to see how he does before judging fully but hardly sounds immense on paper. Has youth on his side though to be fair.

Bit hard on him that Tobermory. He's certainly a player that divides opinion but he has pace and strength. He's nowhere near the quality of Lyle Taylor (who Jags fans will remember) but he has improved since he was signed by Neal Ardley as a "work in progress project ." He wouldn't be on massive money but he was offered a new contract probably on more money than he was on. He'll frustrate the life out of you with his misses and lack of control. One of his biggest failings is between his ears, he lacks instinct and a football brain. Be interesting to see how he does. He always gives 100%.

He's no Will Griggs but has the same song. You'll even see him singing it in this clip of the AFC Wimbledon players celebrating promotion after the L2 playoff final.

Don't get me wrong, I always thought he was better than he was given credit for. Sorry to see him go and I'll probably make a trip or two over from the east coast to see him, but he's probably the most lovably infuriating player I can remember. For every goal that bounces in off his arse, he'll miss four good chances.

Are Wimbledon due compensation seeing as he's under 23 and they offered him a contract?

Don't think it applies if the player crosses the border, e.g. like SOD last year.

Yeah it doesnt cost to cross the border. Which is why the Accrington chairman was on Sky Sports news branding Scottish clubs disgusting after Rangers agreed PCAs with a few of their players without telling the club.

Yeah it doesnt cost to cross the border. Which is why the Accrington chairman was on Sky Sports news branding Scottish clubs disgusting after Rangers agreed PCAs with a few of their players without telling the club.

How have Motherwell just pocketed £200k for the out of contract Ben Hall then?

How have Motherwell just pocketed £200k for the out of contract Ben Hall then?

Turns out is a reduced compensation fee thats paid. Apparently it depends on what "grade" the buying club is, with the higher grade sides paying more than the smaller ones. Halls fee was based on £90k per year at club. Rangers a lower grade, based on being Scottish, so only had to pay £10k per year. I assume you'd be around that figure too so any compo would be negligible (around £20k at the most)

Don't get me wrong, I always thought he was better than he was given credit for. Sorry to see him go and I'll probably make a trip or two over from the east coast to see him, but he's probably the most lovably infuriating player I can remember. For every goal that bounces in off his arse, he'll miss four good chances.

Yep. We've signed another Chris Erksine.

Prolific strikers cost cash money. Money we don't have.

For sure I agree. It's a tough one as the alternative is you take a risk on a Simon Murray type scoring for fun in the leagues who quite possibly won't make the step up. Do feel we could get someone in the middle of the balance though as both this fellas and Pogbas records are pretty honking.

First time in a while we've had three (senior) strikers. Poacher, target man and a pacy forward. His overall scoring record is pretty pish, but he's only 22 and scored 7 last season being used as a super sub. Another winger would see us sorted attack wise.

Apart from the three game run he will get starting when Archie tries to replace Doolan with him. Azeez should expect to be used as an impact player once again this season.

Happy with it though, another option in attack is always good and he has a track record of at least doing things which is more than German had.