The Partick Thistle thread

Given the club's patchy record on fan communication could the source of the images everyone wants to see be outside Firhill?  ^_^

Thistle's new strip is pretty interesting. Hopefully the photo isn't doing it justice and it looks better on. Definitely see where folk are coming from on the marmite thing, as far as I can see it's definitely a change from what your lot have done historically.

Given the club's patchy record on fan communication could the source of the images everyone wants to see be outside Firhill? ^_^

From outside firhill?

Highly unlikely seen as the pictures were taken in the kit room.

I haven't seen the images so I cannot comment on them as images, if you follow my drift.

I meant that there's also a merchandising business involved in the kit deal and *perhaps* the leak is there?

I think our statement was better than Motherwell's in that we didn't resort to pettiness, or drag other clubs into it negatively. 

I think the main concern from a Thistle point of view is that season tickets will drop significantly if there is a "guarantee" of four old firm visits one season, followed by a rise the following season when we only have two visits. 

If we do get a 4/2/4/2/4/2 pattern going forward, then the "2" seasons are potentially going to be grim with a very bare squad...

I can understand the argument about away attendances being smaller, but what sort of absolute weirdo decides to buy a season ticket based on how many games you have against other teams in the league? You're buying a Partick Thistle season ticket to watch Partick Thistle, not their opponents. Anyone who genuinely cares that much about how often you play Rangers or Celtic was probably only going to attend games v Celtic & Rangers anyway, not buy a season ticket.

I can understand the argument about away attendances being smaller, but what sort of absolute weirdo decides to buy a season ticket based on how many games you have against other teams in the league? You're buying a Partick Thistle season ticket to watch Partick Thistle, not their opponents. Anyone who genuinely cares that much about how often you play Rangers or Celtic was probably only going to attend games v Celtic & Rangers anyway, not buy a season ticket.

We seem to have more fans who attend every week but avoid the OF fixtures, than fans who only turn up to see us play the OF, which I'd suggest is quite a rare thing in Scottish football. People don't want to deal with the bigotry and hassle that comes with playing them (although our club clearly do), which is why SLJ is suggesting season ticket numbers may be down in years where we have 4 home games against them.

I guess your point still applies in reverse, but how many times we play the arsecheeks will have an effect on our ST sales.

If this is genuine it's awful..

Got to agree. That looks nasty. Fingers crossed it looks better in it's entirety.

Our Joma tops have generally been poor. Never been at all convinced by the TTL link up.

Edited by 1971

Think we need to b open to change, and not go in the huff if it doesn't have hoops or stripes.

if the new strip is similar to Ajax then I think that is a bit of a welcome change and like another poster said if u don't like it don't buy it.

Did you guys not go through a phase in the 80s of having blocks of red and yellow rather than stripes or hoops? I remember as a child getting Partick Thistle and Albion Rovers mixed up.

1969 was the last year that we had a "fixed" strip that had lasted since the 1920s, which was red and yellow hoops. After that, we had two years of plain yellow with red shorts and trim, then red and yellow stripes, then all sorts of combinations of all three since that time, including some designs that we'd prefer to forget.  This season's is a belter though.