The Partick Thistle thread

Just in case anyone cares, if we do win our next 2 games and finish on 10 points we'll be guaranteed one of the 4 best runner up spots even if Livi win on Tuesday. 

Groups A, E,F, and G can't have 2 teams finish on 10 points or better. 

Group A only Falkirk can get 10 or better but if they do so they'll win the group and the best runner up can only get 8 points

Group E sub in Ayr  for Falkirk and best runner up can only get 9 points

Group F Motherwell and 8 points

Group G Hamilton are on 5 points and Albion Rovers on 4 but they still have to play each other so they can't both get to 10.

If we drop one point we might be OK but 2 or more and we're probably out.

Just back from Jersey and have to say the performance was excellent yesterday. Midfield looked so much better with Osman providing a solid base. Hopefully we can carry this attacking confidence into the next two games and finding them early.

Also, pleasing to see that we've grown our own Leefy while I've been away.

Just in case anyone cares

I care. Cheers for the statto effort. [emoji1303]

What's wholly depressing is the amount of Jags fans who don't give a f**k about the tournament. Full stop.

I'd take relegation to win either of the big cups, without a shadow of a doubt.

11 minutes ago, archie guevara said:

Ross County have signed the prolific four goals (one a penalty) Billy McKay. I'm now seriously worried where our goals are going to come from.

Mostly left feet, then right feet and then a few headers I imagine ;)

15 hours ago, H Wragg said:

I care. Cheers for the statto effort. emoji1303.png

What's wholly depressing is the amount of Jags fans who don't give a f**k about the tournament. Full stop.

I'd take relegation to win either of the big cups, without a shadow of a doubt.

Would never take a relegation for a cup win, me personally.

It was great to see Bannigan back on Saturday. His willingness to drop in and take the ball from our defence was something that was certainly less evident last season in his absence. Welsh and Barton were decent at doing this but their spread of play was often laborious - Bannigan takes it in and switches quickly which can be vital for counters.

His off-the-ball movement is superior to any of our other centre midfielders and it was central to the passing triangles that cut St Mirren open on numerous occasions. In addition to Bannigan's almost constant availability for a pass, the fluidity of the attacking trio of Lawless, Erskine and Spittal was a joy to watch at times and I was particularly impressed with how quickly the latter has fitted into our team.

The only thing that I was disappointed to see that remains in Bannigan's game is the concession of daft fouls and thus the collection of unnecessary yellow cards.

I hear that Keown could be fit for this evening so I'd be interested to see how Bannigan and Barton fare as a pairing, should they both play.

4 minutes ago, Vinnyjag said:

According to Archie's match preview Keown is not playing tonight and Bannigan will only be on bench and only risked as a sub if things are desperate.

Therefore probably Edwards and McCarthy in midfield

Ah I was forgetting it's plastic tonight. Probably wise on both counts.