The Partick Thistle thread

11 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Not sure if this is what the Thistle fans think they need but Greg Killie is heading to Firhill on loan.

Please don’t injure him.

11 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

*Kiltie

No its Killie. Things have got so bad they're sending us their P&B posters.

Assuming Kiltie news is true, we can now field two completely different plausible front sixes:

Storey

Mutombo Kiltie Spittal

McCarthy Gordon

Doolan

Fitzpatrick Slater Erskine 

Penrice (maybe even Bannigan)  Ntambwe

Yet we have 5 players to fill 4 positions in defence. Farcical. Need at least 2 more players in surely. 

ETA: Completely forgot about Storer. Might as well scrub Fitzpatrick for Storer. 

Edited by Virtual Insanity

13 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Yip, felt a bit sorry for him as well. The whole 10 minutes was just about taken up with injury updates. Pressure is building on him on a daily basis with the lack of signings and results. Looks like pressure is affecting his barnet as well, looks like its thinning rapidly at the front. 

That’s not good to hear that - I thought he was completely honest in his interview as well.  Although he is always going to get judged by what happens on the pitch

i think some of the annoyance for Thistle fans this summer has to an extent Ben statements made by others at the club - there was David Beattie and his confusing statement about the size of the budget- I must admit I took it to mean there was going to be a large budget where we could get everything done immediately and there has been others.

Kiltie would be a good signing. A number 10 isn’t as essential as cover at RB and CB but we could with another body that can play in there. Storer has talent but goes missing for most of the game and Erskine can rarely complete 90mins.

Kiltie would be a good signing, although sending an already injury prone player to a club where everyone gets injured sounds like a terrible idea.

Fully expecting us to sign Quitongo and some last minute inexperienced Cargill-type CB, and that’ll be us.

2 hours ago, thisal said:

No its Killie. Things have got so bad they're sending us their P&B posters.

Thought the Dindeleux geezer was the only Killie pie around here but looks like the Pie Of The Month bloke has some competition.......

1 minute ago, Louis Litt said:

Surprised he got a move to a team like yourselves, could be decent but hasn't really proven himself up to much other than giving away a disastrous penalty late against Hamilton which Dougie Imrie made an arse of.

I'd be uninspired. 

Thank you...:green