The Partick Thistle thread

Kiltie would be a good signing, although sending an already injury prone player to a club where everyone gets injured sounds like a terrible idea.
Fully expecting us to sign Quitongo and some last minute inexperienced Cargill-type CB, and that’ll be us.
Well, you got the bit about the inexperienced cb spot on. 19 years old with 2 senior football appearences according to Wikipedia.

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

Thank you...:green

I should probably reiterate that I don't think he's by any means a bad player, and there's a decent enough chance he'll breakthrough for us, but he's had hardly any first team football and I'd have thought a move to a club in maybe league one or a team like Alloa would be a better fit.

I hope he does well, but with O'Ware out I'd be wanting something with a bit more experience.

Hmmmm.  If you'd said to me we were going to sign a 19 year old defender on loan from a top flight club with next to zero first team experience, I'd assume that club was based in England and not Dundee. 

More concerned that we still don't appear to think we need cover or indeed an upgrade at right back. 

9 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

According to the Ayr thread we made a bid for Shankland today, same bid Fylde made - not sure how much that was. 

If that's true then I'm wondering if Doolan might be on his way out? Theoretically depending on what happens with Coulibaly if we were to sign Shankland we'd be heavily stacked up front.

Unless it's just one of those "oh look at how ambitious we are by flinging a token bid at a good player!" deflection type things.

We've allegedly been working under the assumption that Keown was going to leave all summer. We've allegedly been looking to add another centre half for some time on this premise.

If the sum of our recruitment and player identification is some jobber that is nowhere near a porous Dundee defence, the game's a fucking bogey.

For clarity, the 'quality Premiership loans' that were promised in the summer have been Shea Gordon and Daniel Jefferies. :lol::lol: 

If you don't laugh, you'll cry. Absolute, utter dregs.

Round of applause for another fantastic transfer window, lads.

Image result for the joker clapping gif

Edited by Armand 2

i just don't understand why our recruitment is so shambolic. When we finished 6th in SPL we got told that it would make player recruitment easier and we would get our business done early. That was bollocks. This time round, the ex-chairman convinces us the manager would have a competitive budget, which also appears to be bollocks. Throw in the fact that Archibald wouldn't recognise a good player if one kicked him up the arse and the situation is dire. Shambles.

53 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Apparently Kiltie was overlooked for the boy from Dundee.

IMG_2522.jpg

Different positions altogether, I suppose.

Far more likely we’re about to overlook him for the perma-crock that is Jai Quitongo.

I cannot for the life of me understand why we can’t just sign even a handful of experienced, non-injury-prone, journeymen who would still be “fine” if they slightly underperformed.

It’s one thing to take a bit of a punt on squad composition for one or two players, but practically half the squad has been a massive punt on crocks, obscurities and rejects, or players who haven’t even got fucking clearance.

Ian McCall assembled a better team on a significantly smaller budget.

Where’s the Hugh Murray or David Rowson for this squad? f**k it, where’s the experienced centre-back like an Archie or a Lee Mair or a John Robertson to marshall the defence? Where’s the leader on the park?