The Partick Thistle thread

Good result for the young jags today Scott Mckenzie will be quite happy I should think, I'll probably take more of an interest in the coming season as I think this will now be the route the club will go down more often than not in the future as previously mentioned

Archie in the Herald, which is paywalled, saying

Including Leyden in the squad as well as Hendry, gives us 17 outfield players. 25 doesn't seem that small to me, even if 5 of them are 20 or under.

Like Leyden when I saw him with u20s last season. The new Banzo.

Apparently James McFadden also training with us though he did that last year as well so doesn't mean we are actually looking at signing him

Source?

You don't want to sign him, its quite sad to actually see him play now.

I applauded him warming up once and he looked utterly delighted though, so you could do that.

He'd maybe be a good mentor for some of the players, someone they could pick up some skills from and use his experience, but agree that he isn't fit enough for the Premiership anymore. Not saying he couldn't be, but he looked heavyish and with no chance of lasting 90 minutes when I saw him for Saints.

I, of course, am a finely tuned athlete at 38.

Elliot last year commented how McFadden helped him improve a bit in training. No problem with him keeping his fitness up with us but as others have said, he's done at this level. We didn't want him last year, so I can't imagine we want him this year when he's a year older

Hes shite and seems to have an over inflated opinion of his ability based on how often he has knocked back teams over the years.

f**k um. Could probably have two young players for the wage that mercenary would undeservedly want.

No chance of us signing McFadden surely, if we were going to do it we'd have done it last season but Archie correctly (with hindsight based on his St J performances) decided no.

I did wonder where he'd end up, think his level at the moment is mid-championship at best but can't see any club at that level being willing to pay him a decent wage Shame, one of my favourite Scotland players ever but he's 32 with the legs of a 52 year old. I suspected he might jack it but I suppose it depends on whether he's banked / squandered the money he made down south or whether he just wants to play for fun.