Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

Quite enjoyed it as a series. Ok wasn't as good as the original but it'd have had a tough job to be considering how high a pedestal people hold it in.

Done its job and made my Friday nights (or a random half hour if I missed it) exciting as sad as that sounds. Not many shows I make a point of watching.

3 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

poor imo, best parts were tam & winston bits and navid doing the one flew over the cuckoos nest.

Aye, that was the best bit for me. Quite clever and then Victor calls him chief right after it. I've smiled my way through most of the series. Not a huge amount of laughter but more than I had for that live show debacle from a couple of years back.

To all those complaining about the programme and how it isn't as funny as it used to be - would you rather have watched this or some crappy English comedy about a middle-class couple? Looking at the series as a whole, I did enjoy it and I'm glad they brought it back. Yes, there were some poor bits but it wasn't a complete waste of half an hour each week.

I enjoyed the season. Missed the one with fergie and im unsure i want to seek it out (cant get iplayer in ireland without some computer jiggery pokery)
I hope they do another season but with the end of osprey heights i assume thats closure?

Tam leaving Winston for dead was one of the best bits of the series IMO. Unfortunately they've had about 3 minutes of screen time between them throughout the 6 episodes.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Osprey heights wasnt knocked down

<puts on anorak> Although they couldn't have gone back and lived there. Preparations for demolishing a building like that include drilling great big holes in the walls to pass cables through which presumably trigger the explosives. The two big tower blocks that used to stand next to the entrance to Queen Street Tunnel showed evidence of this when they were getting ready to demolish them. <takes off anorak>

I enjoyed it tbh, Eric's "its a care home" line had me going.

They focused more on the main cast and it worked well. That episode wouldn't have been out of place in the older series. And if you think differently I'd encourage you to rewatch the whole thing.

Thought that was absolutely awful. All the Cuckoo's Nest stuff was really predictable and Jack and Victor's lines were falling flat most of the time. No coincidence that Tam and Winston's scenes were the best bits.

I'd say the second episode of that series was the only one that's actually worth rewatching in future. Have they said anything about another series?

I'm surprised so many people disliked that. I thought it was one of the best of the new series. Every character was used well and there was a good central plot. I also prefer comedy to come from the dialogue than sight gags and physical stuff (which this series tended to use a lot). The only gripe I had was that the One Flew Over stuff was, as said above, obvious (and done better by The Simpsons when it was good). Navid's water cooler should have just bounced of the glass, or something.

Edited by Antlion

1 hour ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Have they said anything about another series?

Did they not say they'd gauge the reaction after the series had finished?

I actually thought the tower block being knocked down would've been a fitting end to it all.

I enjoyed last night's episode (which I just watched) and it had some genuinely funny moments.  It has been a patchy series but better to have been made than not made.

However, they could have sat for 30 minutes and read out the phone book...provided they had Ronni Ancona in a nurse's uniform.