Celtic Summer Activity thread

35 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Lolz on hearing he's joining one of the biggest teams in the world via his agent then discovering that club is Ra Celtic...

FB_IMG_1469451207184.jpg

Just found out he's been signed to play with Ambrose and not replace him IMO.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Sviatchenko is out is out For the first leg. I am now sh*teing my breeks.

We have known Boyata and  Simunovic were likely to be injured leg so why it took so long to sign up Toure and not have him fit is rather annoying.

Today the papers links us with Bamford and McNair on loan. Wouldn't mind both but I would imagine most in the championship would want them if they are available on loan.

Efe now linked with Olympiakos ....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/19/the-10-best-free-transfer-picks-of-2016/

Bamford would be a very good signing. I still feel someone like Kevin Nolan would help support the young midfield we have as well as supporting Brown. 

Osvaldo would be a cracking free transfer if Brendan could use his magic to bring him. Some real wealth of experience to really mount a challenge in champions league with Toure. 

6 hours ago, gannonball said:

Looks like Sviatchenko is out is out For the first leg. I am now sh*teing my breeks.

We have known Boyata and  Simunovic were likely to be injured leg so why it took so long to sign up Toure and not have him fit is rather annoying.

Today the papers links us with Bamford and McNair on loan. Wouldn't mind both but I would imagine most in the championship would want them if they are available on loan.

Efe now linked with Olympiakos ....

Dreadful news that Sviatchenko is out for tomorrows game.  What do you think the likely defensive line up will be?  I'd settle for Janko and Tierney as the full backs with Lustig and even O'Connell as the centre halves. 

4 hours ago, Deeboy said:

Bamford would be a very decent signing. Was he involved at Chelsea when Rogers was?

No, Rodgers had left before he joined Chelsea.

4 hours ago, mart1 said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/19/the-10-best-free-transfer-picks-of-2016/

Bamford would be a very good signing. I still feel someone like Kevin Nolan would help support the young midfield we have as well as supporting Brown. 

Osvaldo would be a cracking free transfer if Brendan could use his magic to bring him. Some real wealth of experience to really mount a challenge in champions league with Toure. 

Kevin Nolan?  Settle doon mate.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Osvaldo would be a dreadful signing for Celtic, a complete nutter

Agreed.

6 minutes ago, mart1 said:

Reasoning around Nolan. . . ? Osvaldo v Bamford? 

Nolan is looking for a managerial job. 

You have no chance of getting Osvaldo. 

Nolan has stated he wishes to continue his playing career. Still think it would be a great addition given Brown's injury record. As for Osvaldo, I agree that he can be temperamental however he can still do a job given the proper management from BR.

5 hours ago, mart1 said:

Reasoning around Nolan. . . ? Osvaldo v Bamford? 

We already have around about 14 midfielders, the majority of whom I'd rather have in the team before Kevin Nolan.  I know we need to be realistic in terms of transfer targets, but Kevin Nolan?

It's unlikely we'll end up with either, but I'd take the youngster who has a fairly decent goals to game ratio over the nutjob who sets aboot his teammates.

Lolz on hearing he's joining one of the biggest teams in the world via his agent then discovering that club is Ra Celtic...

FB_IMG_1469451207184.jpg

Pretty sad when you try to pass off Paddy Powers latest joke as your own :rolleyes:

16 hours ago, TheCelt67 said:

Dreadful news that Sviatchenko is out for tomorrows game.  What do you think the likely defensive line up will be?  I'd settle for Janko and Tierney as the full backs with Lustig and even O'Connell as the centre halves. 

Sadly I would have to stick Ambrose alongside Lustig at Centre half. I have liked O'Connell whenever I have seen him but due to injuries he's hardly played in the past 18months I think.

Janko has been pretty disappointing from what I have seen of sim so far pre-season. You could also put that down to injuries. I would start him tonight as he has been getting game time but Fisher would have been a more solid option for me initially due to coming off a decent second half of a season. 

Interesting times ahead.

6 hours ago, Davie Bhoy said:

The age old crime of sharing memes. You've no idea the shame I feel right now :rolleyes:

Erm, no you weren't. You were uploading photos of away fans at Celtic Park. I told you you'd stole it from 'Scottish Away Days' and you said you were PM'd by them and they were, in fact, using your photos. 

I asked if you knew Paul (who runs the page) and you started stuttering and slavering. 

Youve now had a wee bitch fit that someone is doing exactly what you were doing (except you made up some massive lie about it when you done it). 

You're a fucking walloper.

Archived