Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Let the speculation about the fee commence !!

I will start. 

Undisclosed means we have been taken for mugs if it is less than the £3.25m + add ons. 

Farewell sweet prince. 

Now lest get on about Glentoran !!

2 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Let the speculation about the fee commence !!

I will start. 

Undisclosed means we have been taken for mugs if it is less than the £3.25m + add ons. 

Farewell sweet prince. 

Now lest get on about Glentoran !!

Its being reported as £3m up front, but these reports often change later on.

UPDATE FROM THE CHAIRMAN...

It is with mixed emotions that we have agreed to sell David Turnbull to Celtic FC. David leaves us for a fee nearly double our previous record transfer.

The money we receive for David will allow us in part to build up the strategic reserve, which helps secure and sustain us through such difficult and uncertain times. But this is also an opportunity to invest in the infrastructure, for example our training ground, academy and other facilities, with a view to providing an even-better environment for player development.

We wish David every success for the future. He is a local boy who has supported this club all of his life and has given us many memorable moments on the pitch. His agreement to extend his contract is a testament to his integrity and in doing so he secured the club’s interests as well as his own.

Also....

1393798892_ScreenShot2020-08-27at13_42_33.png.b44cdc9bc1b16aefe50f93984d81b7d3.png

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats

So 3-point-something Million? Shareholders will find out in late 2021 when they get sent the accounts :) Given our average turnover, £3m+ even before any add-ons are considered is silly money for us - I hope they use it well....

Any fucks I gave about him moving to Celtic were given last summer - so time to move on....

Keen to hear from Burrows about how the 'transformational' money will be used. Hopefully the club keeps this pretty transparent given we are fan owned.

I'd normally like to see atleast a small proportion of it go on first team affairs but don't know if that is wise given the amount of guys we have already brought in and the current climate. It'd be good if this would allow us to push the boat out for one more though.

As I said at the start of the week, the knifes will be out if we record anything less than a comfortable win tonight. Could be a tough week.

19 minutes ago, Luke92 said:

Keen to hear from Burrows about how the 'transformational' money will be used. Hopefully the club keeps this pretty transparent given we are fan owned.

I'd normally like to see atleast a small proportion of it go on first team affairs but don't know if that is wise given the amount of guys we have already brought in and the current climate. It'd be good if this would allow us to push the boat out for one more though.

As I said at the start of the week, the knifes will be out if we record anything less than a comfortable win tonight. Could be a tough week.

I hope we don't spend a penny of it on player wages TBH. I don't know if we need a "training centre" like some other clubs have but I'd think that was the sort of thing that makes more sense when you get this type of money.

I'm sure the O'Donnell money before pretty much paid for the south stand, I'm sure I read that the main stand was paid out of a big transfer fee back then (Ian St John maybe?) - I guess we need to think the same way here (and I'm confident they are).

ETA - Aye - f**k it, get Moulty back.

Edited by Swello

5 minutes ago, Swello said:

I hope we don't spend a penny of it on player wages TBH. I don't know if we need a "training centre" like some other clubs have but I'd think that was the sort of thing that makes more sense when you get this type of money.

I'm sure the O'Donnell money before pretty much paid for the south stand, I'm sure I read that the main stand was paid out of a big transfer fee back then (Ian St John maybe?) - I guess we need to think the same way here (and I'm confident they are).

Agree with that.

The only thing I would say is that they could do worse than using some of the money to get Campbell tied up longer term given his deal expires in 2021. Same with Gallagher and maybe Polworth.

St. John mentions the stand being built with the money from his move to Liverpool in the wee clip below btw.

Edited by capt_oats