Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Really pleased for big Cedric. I think he will thrive in the EPL.

There was some amount of utter shite said about him when he with us but anyone with half a clue could see he was going places.

Hats off to the club for taking the chance on him, if I remember correctly he was second choice to some other French boy we wanted in a trial match. It's mental to think he could have potentially fallen out of the game at that stage of his career.

Welp, Lanarkshire might be the next area to go into a lockdown.
https://www.nhslanarkshire.scot.nhs.uk/public-health-warning-as-lanarkshire-covid-cases-rise/
Seems that the September 12th test event will unlikely include Motherwells game.
I think they should go ahead with the test and I'll go and @Busta Nut can keep his Covidy ass at home! [emoji6]

1 hour ago, Phillips455 said:

Welp, Lanarkshire might be the next area to go into a lockdown.

https://www.nhslanarkshire.scot.nhs.uk/public-health-warning-as-lanarkshire-covid-cases-rise/

Seems that the September 12th test event will unlikely include Motherwells game.

f**k off lanarkshire

On 04/09/2020 at 15:30, Luke92 said:

There was some amount of utter shite said about him when he with us but anyone with half a clue could see he was going places.

Hats off to the club for taking the chance on him, if I remember correctly he was second choice to some other French boy we wanted in a trial match. It's mental to think he could have potentially fallen out of the game at that stage of his career.

Often wondered where that other French guy ended up.

Remember him being very impressive in the game he played against Stirling Albion.

22 minutes ago, santheman said:

Often wondered where that other French guy ended up.

Remember him being very impressive in the game he played against Stirling Albion.

Wonder no more. It was Bira Dembele and he eventually signed for Laval in the French 3rd tier after his trial with us.

He's still there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bira_Dembélé

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saison_2017-2018_du_Stade_lavallois_Mayenne_Football_Club

Edited by capt_oats

On 04/09/2020 at 15:30, Luke92 said:

Kipre and the other fella played in a bounce game at Stirling Albion together as trialists...even at that stage it was easy to tell that the big man 'had it'. 

On 07/09/2020 at 01:01, YassinMoutaouakil said:

7 months without live football has finally broke me. I've just lost an hour watching old Goggsy videos on YouTube.

His videos popped into my YT feed last night too... ended up watching the 4-2 Celtic semi, the cup final goals too.  
Psycho's goal really does look like 40 yards.  Remarkable.  Still makes me grin every time I see it :D