Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

20 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

IN: Liam Kelly (loan, QPR), Steven Lawleff (permanent, Burton Albion), Harry Smith (loan, Northampton), Sam Foley (permanent, St Mirren), Jordan Roberts (loan, Hearts), Eddie Nolan (loan, Crewe Alexandra), Tyler Magloire (loan, Blackburn Rovers)

There's a lot of names in there for there not to be at least one absolute patter signing. 

Who is the Straker here?

13 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

There's a lot of names in there for there not to be at least one absolute patter signing. 

Who is the Straker here?

Do we not have a tractor anymore?

20 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

We need a #SQUAD photo of our new signings

9qziu3l.png

do we not have a tractor anymore?

30 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Who is the Straker here?

That’s unfair on a club icon, least he wasn’t a hide and seek icon like Thomas and had some effect on the team...

Clearly pleased that we kb'd the Gammons of Millwall but also good to know there was some concrete "substantial" interest in Campbell from a Championship side rather than the vague kite flying sort of chat that was doing the rounds about Aberdeen and Hibs.

That’s unfair on a club icon, least he wasn’t a hide and seek icon like Thomas and had some effect on the team...
I'm still completely undecided on Straker. I can mind his debut (I think) against St Johnstone and he looked fairly comfortable. He even pulled off a couple of nutmegs next to the East Stand of I remember. I think he had a nightmare against Dundee which cemented a lot of people's opinion on him. I missed that game and tended to avoid a lot of our highlights from that season so can't comment one way or another on how bad he might have been.

45 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
1 hour ago, supermarv said:

I'm still completely undecided on Straker. I can mind his debut (I think) against St Johnstone and he looked fairly comfortable. He even pulled off a couple of nutmegs next to the East Stand of I remember. I think he had a nightmare against Dundee which cemented a lot of people's opinion on him. I missed that game and tended to avoid a lot of our highlights from that season so can't comment one way or another on how bad he might have been.

He's a footballing icon that brought joy to the hearts of thousands. 

18 minutes ago, CSmith said:

RIP #CL99 and welcome back #CL9, hopefully the removal of a 9 removes some of the pish and brings back some of the relatively competent centre forward? 

:lol:

Genuinely tickled at the idea that his whole petted lip bit this season has been a huff because they gave the #9 shirt to Jordan White and didn't keep it for him.

Oh...this is interesting. Moot since it didn't happen (and may be completely made up) but interesting if we were looking in this direction.

Motherwell failed in a bid to land former Spurs young gun Reo Griffiths after hitting a brick wall in negotiations with his current club Lyon.

Steelmen boss Graham Alexander, who brought in Jordan Roberts on loan from Hearts, was desperate to bolster his attacking options to help in their fight against the drop.

And the Lanarkshiremen tried to bring in 20-year-old England youth international Griffiths who bagged 60 goals in two seasons while in the Tottenham Hotspur academy.

That earned the striker a move to French Ligue 1 giants Lyon two years ago where he is current captain of their second string and is top scorer in Championnat National 2.

However, the league has been suspended due to Covid-19 and Motherwell were keen to sign the player.

Griffiths was also up for a loan move to the Scottish Premiership but Well were left frustrated in their attempts to get a deal done with Lyon and the move broke down.

Edited by capt_oats