Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

22 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

SR pioneered that tactic at Livi away tbf, the Mugabe Manzinga strikeforce.

In fairness, Alexander has got more joy out of chucking big Bev up top than Robinson ever managed with the same tactic.

Tierney's equaliser against St Mirren and the two goals at Livi came from the Mugabi Chaos Factor being unleashed. Would have been some scenes if he'd scored with that volley in Paisley as well.

Edited by capt_oats

Andy Dibble to replace Hinchliffe then. Most recently GK coach at Cardiff (as of last month) - https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/andy-dibble-departs-cardiff-city

The Record doing as the Record does...he played 5 games for Aberdeen in 1990 and 7 games for Rangers in 1997. :lol:

Also an excuse to share...

Edited by capt_oats

Interesting that as far as I can tell Dibble has no previous working relationship with Alexander (given all the chat a few months ago about him apparently bringing coaches in from Salford). Warnock brought him in at Cardiff and as well as Colin he also worked with Neil Harris, Mick McCarthy and Steve Morison

Aside from his clear 'Rangers legend' status with his 7 appearances it's probably fair to say he's not a usual face.

His coaching history is Accrington Stanley, Coventry, Peterborough, Rotherham and Cardiff.

A wee write up on WalesOnline from December 21.

"Let's not forget the goalkeepers, either. It often slides under the radar just how good of a job Andy Dibble , the goalkeeping coach, has done since he returned to the club.

Dibble is a popular figure at the club and if you have ever seen him on a matchday, he seems to know everyone and their grandfather. But he has a far greater say on proceedings than some may think.

His input when it comes to signing goalkeepers is key and since he joined Cardiff from Rotherham in January 2017, the Bluebirds' goalkeepers, and signings, have been pretty good.

Neil Etheridge, Alex Smithies and Dillon Phillips have all proven themselves to be very astute goalkeepers in this division and Dibble's work in that regard should not go unnoticed."

Link

6 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Wouldn't rule it out but at the same time he's still got a year to go with Burton and both he and his missus seem entirely settled in their "dream home" in Cheshire.

I'd have thought a move back to Wrexham might be a pretty decent shout for him.

Yeah Wrexham with their tik tok money will be able to blow anyone else out the water, plus like here he's really well thought of there. I think that's slam dunk.

Mentioned this a few times but I always chuckle at my massively underwhelmed first exposure to Louis Moult, when my mate from Stoke messaged me and said "apparently yous have signed a guy I play 5's with" [emoji1787]
I was similay underwhelmed when I saw him play for the first time.
He seemed to have a gait/limbs that were more suited to the Supergrass - 'Pumping on your stereo' video.

From the St Mirren thread:

"Just getting a bit fed up with Motherwell fans appearing every time we sign someone and saying “Yup, that’s a Robinson signing” when it’s clear he can sign different types of player."

"Mind you, the Motherwell thread is a better source of St Mirren info than this one at the moment. Any news from the club and those guys have got it up in seconds."

"They do seem somewhat fixated."

Delicious stuff. Keep it up lads!

How often do fans of a club see one other club sign a whole bunch of their ex players (5 or so at the moment), their previous manager, coach, and head of recruitment, then hire their assistant manager as COO? Of this group, I think Dunne was the only one we legitimately wanted to keep. I think the situation is getting the attention it deserves.

We called ourselves livi reserves when we signed Crawford, Gallagher and Lamie.