Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

15 minutes ago, Al B said:

As it stands just now (going on the basis the Casey thing is true), I'm fairly sure we'd be looking at Casey/Butcher/Blaney, with McGinn RWB and SODs on the left. It's pretty much a given (I hope) that we've got a 24hr team of minions scouring the globe for a LWB though.

That's not a slight at all on McGinn, I think he's been really good but I also like Blaney and that's the way to get both of them on the park whilst solving the RWB issue. SODs wouldn't be a great option as a true left-back but as a LWB I'd be happy enough with it in the meantime.

Kettlewell's already gone on record saying that we've been speaking with Brighton about getting Furlong back and we'd "hoped" it'd have been done a couple of weeks ago so it seems, as you say, it's a given that we're looking at LWB.

image.png.03021feebf335f91ba098213eb932c

6 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Whoever runs the club Twitter atm fucking loves Shane Blaney

Understandably IMO. Big handsome b*****d who is a sellable asset.

I rate him highly and I’m led to believe the staff do aswell. Unlucky with injury last year that saw Casey take his place and couldn’t change the defence. 

Came back in and played well at the end, even beside bombscare Bevis. Plus the big man has a world free kick in him, 

1 minute ago, DeadStar said:

Tbf he's very handsome. 

1 minute ago, wellboy1991 said:

Understandably IMO. Big handsome b*****d who is a sellable asset.

I rate him highly and I’m led to believe the staff do aswell. Unlucky with injury last year that saw Casey take his place and couldn’t change the defence. 

Came back in and played well at the end, even beside bombscare Bevis. Plus the big man has a world free kick in him, 

Oh aye, no disagreement on that front. Whereabouts in Ireland do folk get that sort of tan?!

1 hour ago, Swello said:

Can I just say that apart from the strip, I love the "couple having a minor disagreement in the supermarket" vibes of this photo.

"own brand is 50p cheaper"

"it's shite though"

Also note how much better the strip looks with a more subtle sponsor logo!

I know companies pay to get noticed, but...........

Edited by joewarkfanclub

37 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Slim pickings in our squad. Need to make use of him since Lasley retired and Johansen proved to be shite.

Extremely true, gone are the days of our absolute heartbreaking squad.

4 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Mahon signs for Edinburgh City on loan

Good luck to the lad.  All coming together quite nicely in terms of fringe players moving on. 

As an side had no idea that the last time we played Elgin City was 114 years ago 😳. A 6-1 win no less. More of the same 🤞.

Assuming there are no hitches with Shields joining up with Coyle in india then Mahon being away on loan leaves us with Wilkinson, Efford and Obika.

I'd guess that puts us in the market for another striker and perhaps promoting Ferrie?

Edited by capt_oats

14 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Assuming there are no hitches with Shields joining up with Coyle in india then Mahon being away on loan leaves us with Wilkinson, Efford and Obika.

I'd guess that puts us in the market for another striker and perhaps promoting Ferrie?

Ferrie being touted for a loan aswell tbh.

However another very highly thought off and has all the Kettlewell striker physical aspects he likes. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was squad bound but would he get any minutes, would that be a waste?

Get him game time and goals in a lower league. 

2 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Ferrie being touted for a loan aswell tbh.

However another very highly thought off and has all the Kettlewell striker physical aspects he likes. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was squad bound but would he get any minutes, would that be a waste?

Get him game time and goals in a lower league. 

As long as we get him on a new contract first. :)

Screenshot2023-07-14at15_34_00.thumb.png.453af804ecc0a76b0ad050fcd1f30e29.png