Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

5 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I actually think it'll look quite tidy if/when the fancy advertising board goes in.

You might be right there. Time will tell.

On sorting out my ticket for next Saturday and can see the prices on sale for the Hibs game, for anyone curious as I don’t think they’ve actually published them, they are:

East - adults 24, concession 19, Age 12-17 12, 11 and under 6quid. 

Cooper & Main are all the same bar adults at 26 

Edited by MP_MFC

On 22/07/2023 at 11:08, capt_oats said:

I know everyone's talking about the railings at the front but the (what look like) blackout curtains at the back seem like they're deliberately there to obstruct people's view.

@Busta Nut already flagged this ages ago as one of Boab Park's ongoing crusades.

Pointed out to me earlier today was this is surely a fire/safety hazard. If it's about getting folk up there out of the way a net that keeps folk in there seated area when there is an emergency isn't the answer.

Who do I email and essentially grass him to?

I'm in row L, but as far as I could tell the actual view from the first row onto the pitch looks the same as it was last year. A facebook friend (and self-described short-arse) sits in the first row and she could see fine. Though she might've been standing the whole game idk. But the pic uploaded is a bad angle, the first two rows can as well as they could before.
Curtain up the back is absolutely demented though. Is it to stop people throwing stuff onto the pitch? 'Cause we all know the fannies in our support do that while standing in the kiosk que...

On a happier note, pie prices seem unchanged from last year :) No sign for the donner meat pies though so unsure if they are still an option or not.

7 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

I'm in row L, but as far as I could tell the actual view from the first row onto the pitch looks the same as it was last year. A facebook friend (and self-described short-arse) sits in the first row and she could see fine. Though she might've been standing the whole game idk. But the pic uploaded is a bad angle, the first two rows can as well as they could before.
Curtain up the back is absolutely demented though. Is it to stop people throwing stuff onto the pitch? 'Cause we all know the fannies in our support do that while standing in the kiosk que...

On a happier note, pie prices seem unchanged from last year :) No sign for the donner meat pies though so unsure if they are still an option or not.

It's to stop people congregating there and causing blockages to 'flow' (movement of people, not ex-CEO) and to stop spillages on to to the folk in the back row is the line. Health & safety issues vs the health and safety issue it maybe creates that @Busta Nutmentioned (i.e. stops people being able to climb get out that way in some sort of emergency).

I don't sit in the stand so no real opinion but that's what's been mentioned before.

Edited by eliphas

53 minutes ago, eliphas said:

It's to stop people congregating there and causing blockages to 'flow' (movement of people, not ex-CEO) and to stop spillages on to to the folk in the back row is the line. Health & safety issues vs the health and safety issue it maybe creates that @Busta Nutmentioned (i.e. stops people being able to climb get out that way in some sort of emergency).

I don't sit in the stand so no real opinion but that's what's been mentioned before.

Seems to me like certain people (or possibly person, singular) within the club are just out to piss people off in this particular area of the ground. 

The layout at the rear of the East, and many others like it, has not been an issue in 30 years or so since all seater stadiums were introduced, and we are the only ones who seem to have developed a sudden problem with it now. Before, you would have been able to queue at the kiosk and manage to keep half an eye on what was going on on the pitch, now the curtains will prevent you from doing that. Along with the fact it obviously looks fucking ridiculous. 

24 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I guess the A-League is just as bad as it was the last time I checked in with it, around 10 years ago.

I've watched a few A-league games and none of them have been boring. Jason Cummings being their star striker and Mark Birighitti being their star goalkeeper in recent years probably tells you all you need to know. 

Just now, thisGRAEME said:

Have felt for a while he won't make it with us. 

He's simply too lightweight to make it in this league, IMO. He's not quick or strong enough.

Aye. It's a bit of a yer da take but he's too wee and he doesn't seem to be technically good enough to compensate for it.