Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Vloggers aren't for me, I find them quite annoying to be honest but like @RandomGuy. said, folk having their hobbies that hurt no one is fine. I like things that are probably geeky as f**k (Batman, Star Wars, video games) but when folk ever say anything about them I just give it the "why you trying to stop me enjoying myself" type patter. I'd let them do their thing but I don't think they can expect a cheery greeting from everyone, especially when they join the "uber fan ultras" as someone put it.

Having red through the twitter replies and such there are a few folk going uber defensive. I think this boils down to folk not wanting their faces on stuff ( these groups appear to blur their own photos), "threats" being made and a years wait for his image and story being told.

The group did accept a request from Copa 90 to film them, (I am not sure but I think that was Brannan). So they've also made it about asking nicely to record them.

The tagging and cover photo is weird behaviour and seems personal. It's a terrible bit of writing too - the 'Nam Sorth' patter is embarrassing. I've seen better content in the binfire of the Saints v Dundee match thead... 

Youtube is full of stuff that other people wouldn't find interesting- just don't watch vloggers it if it bothers you. 

Lets be honest, this has nothing to do with how they are asked to be filmed or vlogging at football in general.

It's simply a case of arseholes not wanting to be filmed behaving like arseholes.

They're quite happy to chuck things at players, intimidate fellow fans and smash up pubs if their face is lost on the crowd but not one of their mouthpieces will ever acknowledge that sort of behaviour never mind own it.

I'm starting to see where Bob Park is coming from. 

For a bit more nuance on my take. There maybe is a bit of a wider conversation to be had about vloggers, in this case at the football, but probably in wider circumstances not filming folk without their permission. Picking this one guy out and writing an article that reads like an angry 12 year old wrote it is not the move here though.

I don't particularly like this Sam North fella's content but I am probably not his target audience. I'm not slagging anyone for liking it, I'm sure folk would find the stuff I watch to be complete shite. (Dunno if the Bois hold any strong opinions on Elden Ring playthroughs).

Basically everyone involved here looks like a fanny at the minute. 

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

The vloggers aren't really for me because I'm a 40 year old man but Sam North seems to me to be genuinely enthusiastic and interested in Scottish football.

He went a bit native with Rangers on their Europa League run but I can see how that would be attractive to a neutral. I also don't see anyone else covering EoSL or showing that Scottish football is fun to a demographic who are constantly bombarded with EPL, Messi and Mbappe.

Folk are entitled to dislike him but  putting a photo of him and tagging him in the twitter post is pathetic. Not to mention that people would pay money for that level of writing.

If it makes you feel any better I was sure you were at least in your fifties.

There's no need for personal attacks and the article itself is an absolute rid neck. Sam North however has plenty of previous about posting content/video of folk when they've directly asked him not too - one of them have commented directly in this thread. Which is wido behaviour on his part and something he should take responsibility for. 

So really what it all boil down to is fuds getting mad at other fuds on the internet. And I don't have the time or the patience for that kind of sh*te.

Any chance of some chat about the actual football today? I'll guarantee* a safe bet on 12+ yellow cards

Just now, McG said:

Cheers for Mandron lads, he’s working under a manager now that knows how to get the best out of him.

"OK Mika just go out, flail about like a windmill in a hurricane and hope one bounces off you" ?

Tbf, it's a tactic he carries out well and seems to be working, so fair play.

15 minutes ago, McG said:

Cheers for Mandron lads, he’s working under a manager now that knows how to get the best out of him.

To be fair I don’t think we could afford to go for both Obika and Mandron. I would have gone with the one with the history of the least amount of injuries. Right now that looks like Mandron. I did not mind Mandron. Slow but quite skilful on the ball and knows where the back of the net is. Obika is more mobile but probably less of a poacher based on his time so far with us. 

Looking forward to seeing Mika Biereth. Hope he is a step up from either of the aforementioned 🤞

Just back, that boy from Arsenal is absolutely amazing. Never seen a player get the stadium up on their feet like that before. Great skill and determination. So happy we have him for the full season. Our midfield were brilliant. Back line solid and forwards scored the goals. Great 3 points.