Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

24 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Kian Speirs signs for Caledonian Braves.

Just shows you how quickly things can change in football. At the start of last season the boy didn't look out of place in and around our first team squad and was highly rated by some high up in the club, now he's plummeted through the levels to end up there. A tough auld gig the fitba...

Just now, jagfox said:

Seems weird we have signed another left back on loan considering we already have Harry Milne in place.

Is McGinley versatile in where he can play?

Is he any good?

He'll maybe play centre half

7 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Wasn't a physical thing, apparently.

Seems quite a thoughtful lad. Hope it works out. Vegetarian, self-proclaimed geek and a Star Wars fan, could be the most Thistle, Thistle signing ever 

As a person, McGinley seems like a lovely guy so I wish him the best of luck. 

It'll be interesting to see how he does in the Championship. I'm probably being unfair but I always thought he was lacking in basically every attribute to play in the Premiership so stepping down a level and getting minutes in, by all accounts, a very decent Thistle team might do him the world of good. 

Just now, Archie McSquackle said:

What's the deal with these loan transfers outside the transfer window? Are we allowed to put players out, just can't bring them in?

Domestic temporary transfers are allowed up until the end of today. 

1 minute ago, Archie McSquackle said:

What's the deal with these loan transfers outside the transfer window? Are we allowed to put players out, just can't bring them in?

I think the lower leagues loan transfer window closes today? So this is just last gasp signings for those teams

8 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Domestic temporary transfers are allowed up until the end of today. 

Only for clubs below the top flight.

Edited by RandomGuy.