Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Potentially  easy sorted - WS board members in situe propose a change to the rules/articles. Use the power they have!

The gold thing about it all, even if it's not working well potentially the now, is both club and and society are governed by their own rules and when it comes to AGM time.....a great opportunity 

Edited by eliphas

Rights everyone theres the WS email. Tucked in amongst some Christmas type stuff . Have at it...

Board meeting

Our next board meeting is right around the corner, scheduled for Monday, December 18th. We value your input and would love to hear your comments, ideas, and queries. Please email before noon on that day. Don't miss your chance to make your voice heard and help shape the future of our organisation. 

2 hours ago, eliphas said:

Rights everyone theres the WS email. Tucked in amongst some Christmas type stuff . Have at it...

Board meeting

Our next board meeting is right around the corner, scheduled for Monday, December 18th. We value your input and would love to hear your comments, ideas, and queries. Please email before noon on that day. Don't miss your chance to make your voice heard and help shape the future of our organisation. 

Hi,

Can you tell us what the hell is going on because it appears you'd struggle to run a hot bath.

Kind regards.

Sent an email in my best Kettlewell-ese (i.e. using 1000 words when i could have used 10), which was hard to do on my phone, but my voice has been sent. Hopefully not straight to the spam folder.

Edited by rowsdower

Thought the team played reasonably well in atrocious conditions. Should have taken one of the 3 good chances in the last 15 or so minutes. 

Kelly was very good. Penalty save aside he coped well with the wind and made a couple of other decent saves. 

I know it is another game without a win. But with a wee bit more composure / luck we would have had that today. 

Actually imho it was better than scoring an IT equaliser to show the players battling qualities. Away from home to a battle hardened and physical side with a very good home record. If anything 2nd half you would have thought we were the team in the top half not St Mirren. 

Next two games are tough and we will probably take nothing from them….but u just never know.

1 minute ago, rowsdower said:

Hopefully this isn't one of those good battling points to then find out the other team was just shite and everyone else starts beating them.

Starts beating them?

Both us and County have beaten them in the last month.

1 hour ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I saw nothing so no real comments but definitely sounds an improvement and a clean sheet a big boost. 

But that's now 6 points from 42, and given the next two likely six from 48 going into Livingston...that game's not big, it's large.

Mentioned this in the match thread just there, not necessarily in a happy clapping way more just as a counter-point to the whole form situation - that's us only lost 2 of our last 7 but equally we've now drawn more than any other team in the league.

Tbh, stating the obvious but losing to both Livi and County have kind of fucked us at the moment since wins in both those games would have us sat comfortably mid-table on 22 points (not that we deserved to win either but that's not really the point).

Could've, would've, should've/aunties, uncles, baws etc.

Edited by capt_oats

33 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Mentioned this in the match thread just there, not necessarily in a happy clapping way more just as a counter-point to the whole form situation - that's us only lost 2 of our last 7 but equally we've now drawn more than any other team in the league.

Tbh, stating the obvious but losing to both Livi and County have kind of fucked us at the moment since wins in both those games would have us sat comfortably mid-table on 22 points (not that we deserved to win either but that's not really the point).

Could've, would've, should've/aunties, uncles, baws etc.

Only lost 1 in 5, not sure which stat sounds more positive.

1 minute ago, ropy said:

Only lost 1 in 5, not sure which stat sounds more positive.

I know what stat doesn’t sound good either, 3 games against St Mirren this year and zero goals scored. Deserved more from at least two of them. That is a game we should have won today and has pissed me off.

I thought Kettlewell deserves some credit for keeping Gent and Davor in the team and setting us out in a shape that St Mirren clearly found tough to play their normal game against (even allowing for the conditions that would have hampered them). As I said last week - the team are still playing for him as they knocked their pans in today I think.

It's looking like the Livi game is the big one for him.

I thought Spittal was off it today and that may have lead on to his miss.  Everyone largely did fine today, Kelly with two vital contributions but we need two or three to have exceptional games to turn these draws into wins.