Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

5 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Cool... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://offthepitch.com/

Quite interesting that. To me anyway.

Looks like it goes as far as having actual financial and operational data from clubs who are partners. If I am guessing it should give us a bit of a better idea of wage costs for loans and perm transfers. Maybe will help us target the right clubs and staff.

Plus, it's a Scandinavian company which means it must be good.

3 hours ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I'm not too hung up on save percentage as a stat

100% - it's not a terrible indicator but it's got quite a lot of unmeasurable/unmeasured (e.g. type of shot) and measurable (e.g. volume of shots) variations that should be taken into account.

Even without that stat I think we can all see Kelly definitely hasn't saved some he should have and a number of them he was saving them in his first 18 months with us he's not now. 

Interestingly, though, depending on the source (I've used https://footystats.org/players/scotland/liam-kelly) his save % is not trending in the right direction it's fair to say. 

21/22 - 67%

22/23 - 66%

23/24 - 60%

Edited by eliphas

12 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Quite interesting that. To me anyway.

Looks like it goes as far as having actual financial and operational data from clubs who are partners. If I am guessing it should give us a bit of a better idea of wage costs for loans and perm transfers. Maybe will help us target the right clubs and staff.

Plus, it's a Scandinavian company which means it must be good.

Yeah, I thought it was interesting as well. I'm looking at their LinkedIn just now and I'd (genuinely) be interested to know how we'd integrate their tools.

The 'shrug' was more that the actual bit of blurb was/is quite vague in terms of practical application. Especially when you read the wee spiel from Daws:

"As we strive to keep pushing the club to new heights, we need access to the best data available. Off The Pitch has a unique approach and can help us in several aspects of our development – including player trading, finance negotiations, and benchmarking, to name a few,” says Nick Daws, Head of Recruitment Operations at Motherwell FC, and adds:

“Off The Pitch understands the business side of football and has provided us with an intuitive and easily implemented solution."

Link

Like I say, cool...

It's been mentioned before that we take part in TransferRoom - which is in itself quite easy to get your head around and you can see where the value is ie: it's essentially a big transfers conference and provides a platform for clubs/agents to do business.

The Off The Pitch erm...pitch is a bit less clear as @Busta Nut asked earlier "What is this? Is it an accountant?" which is an entirely logical conclusion to come to when you see "football finance data partner".

I might be miles out and others might disagree, but my perception of Kelly is that his performances often reflect the mood in the camp.

When we are doing well (his loan spell, the run-in last season, when Alexander was shitfesting wins), you tend either to not notice him, or only hear good things about him. 

As soon as the chips are down and we are playing badly, he seems more likely then to make things worse than better and that's when all of his mistakes come out.

Goalkeeper and captain are two roles who you need to step-up during a crisis. Unfortunately, ours is the same guy and he doesn't.

On another topic, had a chuckle at this sentence. Looks like the club asked ChatGPT to write them a jargon-heavy, sophistocated sentence about a financial / data partnership.

This strategic collaboration will empower us with cutting-edge analytics tools and invaluable financial insights, propelling the club into a new era of data-driven decision-making.

3 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I might be miles out and others might disagree, but my perception of Kelly is that his performances often reflect the mood in the camp.

When we are doing well (his loan spell, the run-in last season, when Alexander was shitfesting wins), you tend either to not notice him, or only hear good things about him. 

As soon as the chips are down and we are playing badly, he seems more likely then to make things worse than better and that's when all of his mistakes come out.

Goalkeeper and captain are two roles who you need to step-up during a crisis. Unfortunately, ours is the same guy and he doesn't.

On another topic, had a chuckle at this sentence. Looks like the club asked ChatGPT to write them a jargon-heavy, sophistocated sentence about a financial / data partnership.

This strategic collaboration will empower us with cutting-edge analytics tools and invaluable financial insights, propelling the club into a new era of data-driven decision-making.

OR

Just check the f*****g bank statements.

Edited by santheman

19 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

FWIW, I actually think this is perfect.

3 minutes ago, weemac said:

Just when you think you cant feel anymore dislike for a squad of players. They do this tonight

Bit of an overreaction.

We were never playing brilliantly but took our chances well when they were a clown show playing an insane formation.

You'd have taken being a goal up at the break at the start.