Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

18 hours ago, CoF said:

Can't quite recall which came first, but as a 12 year old I was kicking about Larkhall in these beauties

1.webp

2.jpeg

i picked up that half and half kit in a chairty shop for a tenner about a year ago, along with the motorola xara away top for another tenner.

image.jpeg.c70b11ca10d99b4db3ca4b40f4f506fb.jpeg

my first top though was the home top from the same season, still got it.

2 hours ago, CoF said:

Dunno if my perception is skewed by the fact Kipre wore it, but I think this is an underrated modern-era kit. 

IMG_6610.webp

2 hours ago, one m in Motherwell said:

This was also ‘slept on’.

Associate it exclusively with Giles Coke for some reason.

IMG_2383.jpeg

These 2 are both big favourites of mine. Still wear them both to 5's. (not at the same time).

Feel a bit sorry for Theo Bair that your social media department seems to relentlessly remind him how shite everyone thought he was.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Feel a bit sorry for Theo Bair that your social media department seems to relentlessly remind him how shite everyone thought he was.

:lol:

Aye. I had a laugh when I saw that. Like...you don't actually need to say that now. Folk like him. It's fine.

Well, I doubt he minds when he's on this great run. Basically feeding his ego and upping his prospect where he basically had none last June.

How many players have we had recently where we have done the same (ok or poor record to subddley a massive scoring/purple patch).

41 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

i picked up that half and half kit in a chairty shop for a tenner about a year ago, along with the motorola xara away top for another tenner.

image.jpeg.c70b11ca10d99b4db3ca4b40f4f506fb.jpeg

my first top though was the home top from the same season, still got it.

Still have this one though it's a bit worn now. 

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They do seem to forget to engage brain or most probably don’t have the savvy to stop and think there is a better way to word / pitch this. It happens fairly regularly….

51 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think its a wee bit of a (more than justified) dig at the doubters.

Happy to suck it up!

Big man has earned it.

I think we were all a bit sceptical of Bair's signing tbh. But is it fair to say that Kettlewell might know what he's doing with forwards?

We all laughed about the whole Random Motherwell Fan account noising up KvV before his mental goalscoring run but it matches up with when everyone started to pick up form. We're the 3rd highest scorers in the league despite the weird patch in the middle of the season, he's managing to get goals from a few players to balance out not having a big weird Dutch guy up top. 

47 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

All about the brand.

I think that's the thing, although as @joewarkfanclub says it's a dig at the folk who "doubted" him there's a probably a way of wording it that gets the point across without pointing out he had a poor goalscoring record when he signed (even though it's objectively true).

Just something like "Since arriving in ML1 Theo Bair has found himself in the best form of his career so far..." or words to that effect.

You can talk him up without having to remind everyone that folk thought he was a joke when he signed.

6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Just something like "Since arriving in ML1 Theo Bair has found himself in the best form of his career so far..." or words to that effect.

You can talk him up without having to remind everyone that folk thought he was a joke when he signed.

Agree there.

Also, plenty of folk, especially our Theo Fan Club on here, gave him the chance and trusted the signing. 

He's been absolutely outstanding for us, and even when he wasn't scoring as often he was key to our best play. What a guy. 

Now getting the praise from the vast majority of fans he absolutely deserves. 

Thank You So Much GIF by The Bear

53 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I think we were all a bit sceptical of Bair's signing tbh. But is it fair to say that Kettlewell might know what he's doing with forwards?

We all laughed about the whole Random Motherwell Fan account noising up KvV before his mental goalscoring run but it matches up with when everyone started to pick up form. We're the 3rd highest scorers in the league despite the weird patch in the middle of the season, he's managing to get goals from a few players to balance out not having a big weird Dutch guy up top. 

This is a great point.

I know KVV's purple patch was only just starting around now this time last season but in the end he accounted for 45% of the team's goals for the entire season.

Screenshot2024-03-08at17_57_10.thumb.png.00b8344537f429b2882a63635d2bac7a.png

As it stands, after 29 games, we're only 3 goals off last season's total and big CareBair only accounts for 27% of those. Compare that with Hearts and Aberdeen who are wildly reliant on Fat Shankland and Miovski with 53% and 41% contribution respectively.

Screenshot2024-03-08at17_58_50.thumb.png.75f67a70a6598e34a934628925eed359.png

Edited by capt_oats