Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

40 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

pointed out to me someone tweeted this

No way has someone sat through match highlights to make that 😂, absolute Eric Nicholson behaviour. 

14 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

If your going to put together a Liam Kelly reel of errors, probably a wise move to cut out the goals that aren't his fault.

That's true

He was shite though.

Not having this "people are weird" for putting together that video. There was one of Zander Clark's that went up here a while ago and folk lapped it up.

4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Not having this "people are weird" for putting together that video. There was one of Zander Clark's that went up here a while ago and folk lapped it up.

I didn't see that but put me on the list for that being weird too. 

Unless it's a wee kid who has done it and thinks it's funny then why anyone would spend the time to cut together a football players mistakes just seems entirely odd to me...and it's just not that nice a thing to do. 

A Man U fan made a 1h49m long video of every De Gea mistake from his 12 years there.

4 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Unless it's a wee kid who has done it and thinks it's funny then why anyone would spend the time to cut together a football players mistakes just seems entirely odd to me...and it's just not that nice a thing to do. 

Welcome to the internet. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

A Man U fan made a 1h49m long video of every De Gea mistake from his 12 years there.

I reckon that's hilarious.

Just now, Busta Nut said:

Welcome to the internet. 

Yeah it's not nice, I do realise that. Haha.

Manage to stay away from a lot of the horrible bits of it nowadays. Which is...nice. 

5 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Aye I do find it a bit weird at our level where there's a decent chance the person actually sees it. I was literally about to mention the De Gea one as I did find it quite funny (although the effort involved is obviously insane) and there's a bit more distance.

I doubt Kelly will be crying into his Blue Pounds if he happens to come across it I but do think posting it above a tweet that the club have tagged him in is a bit nasty.

I'm happy to slag him off here on the assumption that only a total weirdo footballer would end up going through P&B threads- but I've never for a second doubted Kelly's commitment to Motherwell FC, and thought he always came across pretty genuine in his numerous post-managerial sacking interviews. Not a great goalie though.

Posted (edited)

I'd have Kelly down as an above average reaction save and good shot stopper goalkeeper with a functioning defence in front of him. When he has the keystone cops as a back line, different story.

But regardless too wee for me.

3 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

On a different note, the daily mail are reporting Bristol City and Blackburn are interested in Theo Bair for 800K plus add on's.

Agents Gent and Vale doing a fine job extolling benefits. Agent Bireth needs to get his finger out

Edited by Vietnam91

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Tbf that was simply a couple of YouTube videos getting shared of his greatest bloopers against us it wasn't something any poster spent time editing together.

Edited by Cloontang

Posted (edited)

As much as I absolutely love Bair, and would like him to stay, if we manage to get the best part of £1million for a free transfer, who is on a reported modest contract, that's absolutely incredible business. 

Edited by MurrayWell

With a year left on his contract, after an unbelievable season, Bair's sell on value will never be higher. It also just seems the way of it now that when a striker in the premiership has a good double figures season, they get a move elsewhere.

Selling him probably gives us a wee bit longer to pick the right deal to sell Miller too.

I suppose to his credit, he replaced Van Veen's goals last season, but losing the numbers of Spittal and Bair will be a big gap to plug.

8 hours ago, Cloontang said:

Tbf that was simply a couple of YouTube videos getting shared of his greatest bloopers against us it wasn't something any poster spent time editing together.

There was a video of Mark Birrighetti at Dundee United and his mistakes in their relegation season but admittedly, they were on a different level and it was comedy gold 🤣