Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Posted (edited)

A squads worth of contacts offered and hardly a rumour.

I hadn’t heard anything about the Bois wanting to move behind the goal in the Cooper. Can’t see that being a goer for the reasons Caldwell gave. 

Edited by Gianfranco

Incase anyone else hadn't seen the proposed Bois/Block E move into the Davie Cooper stand.

12 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I hadn’t heard anything about the Bois wanting to move behind the goal in the Cooper. Can’t see that being a goer for the reasons Caldwell gave. 

By the sound of it the investment proposed still has the potential to go through. His exact wording is that everyone needs to be onboard and in agreement. I appreciate he is not going to say it has zero chance , but my reading of the situation is more positive than was rumoured on here a week or so ago. 

Still no get tae f**k list however. The interviewer should have asked when the fans can expect to get a squad update. Hopefully by the end of this week…

I found that a very curious interview because he said very little beyond the obvious and platitudes. Not necessarily the wrong thing but largely pointless.

As for the messaging on the investment - which let's face it, was all anyone was really interested in - you'd need to be a Kremlinologist to feel confident deciphering that...I'd guess he's saying to EB time is running out but softened that by tilting towards that there should be a chance for folk to have their say. 

All fun and games. 

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I think you'd lose something having the Bois as far away from the away support as physically possible. 

It seems it's the early motions to emulate the yellow wall in Dortmund. As pointed out the stand has a healthy amount of kids as its marketed to families. Plus can't overlook older fans because its the one stand you go in at ground level. Both the Hunter and POD have steps to get up and in before you use steps to get to your seat. Can't see either happy with flares or smoke or having to stand for more regularly.

Get why the Hunter started out due to the cage then E was as close as you could get to the McLean. If it does happen it may do so over a number of years and probably too late to have after season tickets have gone on sale for next year. Maybe the club could facilitate a "Bois on Tour" where their Hunter tickets are exchanged for Cooper for a handful of games to see how it goes and if its appreciated, they may not feel the switch is for them. Not saying it should, just saying it could be a solution.

Edited by Vietnam91

16 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

Maybe the club could facilitate a "Bois on Tour" where their Hunter tickets are exchanged for Cooper for a handful of games to see how it goes and if its appreciated, they may not feel the switch is for them. Not saying it should, just saying it could be a solution.

Could it be trialed for Scottish cup/ league cup games?

I believe the Hibs 'Block 7' guys at Hibs have been trialed in the Famous Five stand for Cup/European games recently and are now moving into that stand next season with 'safe standing' being introduced in their new section.

20 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

There is one name I'd like to see on the GTF list, It begins with Erik.

Based entirely on rumours or on info about the deal you shouldn't be party to yet?

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

By the sound of it the investment proposed still has the potential to go through. His exact wording is that everyone needs to be onboard and in agreement. I appreciate he is not going to say it has zero chance , but my reading of the situation is more positive than was rumoured on here a week or so ago. 

He also said "takeover" at 7:16, maybe a slip, maybe deliberate.

Reading between the lines, I don't think you meet for 4.5 hours if something isn't contentious. I mean we're what 4 months down the line from initial bids. What is clear that since the AGM until recently its been a board of 3 with 2 being WS appointees. As McMahon had casting vote in a 2-2 tie before Wilson resigned then it would seem that one or both the WS reps on the exec board have countenanced this offer, because in theory they could have outvoted Jim until Caldwell and Lindsay joined the board 3 weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, Vietnam91 said:

It seems it's the early motions to emulate the yellow wall in Dortmund.

I can see appeal but I still think in reality it'd be a bit naff. I did see folk on Twitter say they think we've moved past the need for "reactive" back and forth chanting with opposition fans which I suppose is more in line with the German/wider European ultra vibe. Fair play but I reckon the novelty would wear off fairly quickly.

Block E or whatever you want to call them have obviously done 1000x more for the atmosphere at FP than I'll ever do so it's not really my fight. Doesn't really sound like it's particularly likely listening to Caldwell anyway.

Well Bois, Block E or whatever are not going to move to the Cooper.

The far end of the East Stand has been the singing section since the stand had seats installed. The opportunity to goad the away fans is the attraction and trying to think they are above that by moving to the Cooper is somethinng that might last a few games. Eventually another bunch of youngsters will see the chance to take over the spot and shout obscenities at some clown of an away fan.

Maybe the Older Bois just want to go to the Cooper so they can get a family ticket for them and their kids.

2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Maybe the Older Bois just want to go to the Cooper so they can get a family ticket for them and their kids.

Saving £25 a year isn't really an issue when a good number attend games home and away which amounts to way in excess of their Fir Park attendance and thats before you add in trains or supporters buses.

I watched on Sunday as the aisle between D and E was full for the whole match. When I was last there regularly a steward would be over wagging their finger at the slightest incursion. I guess its more a chance to expand organically rather than being pinned in. Only so many of E can actually see and engage with the McLean too. 

1 hour ago, eliphas said:

Based entirely on rumours or on info about the deal you shouldn't be party to yet?

Nah, not only. I also can't understand why someone would want to invest in a Scottish football team. Never mind someone who has zero links to the club or town. That's just off putting. 

As for the noisy singing/ultra section. I reckon they just want more exposure. 

I don't like the idea of telling some fans to move to accommodate others, especially in the family stand, which also has some accessibility benefits compared to the other stands, as mentioned earlier.

A large number of supporters of most teams just want to watch the game, and have either grown out of putting on a display for the players (or more accurately, themselves), or don't care about it. 

I don't mind ultras groups, and it's nice to have a group of energetic fans, but they're not special and don't deserve to be treated any different from other fans.  The idea that they're doing the club/players/fans a service can get in the sea as well.