Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Thats 5 keepers that will have played for us this season (not counting Morrison who has just came back from his loan). Absoljtley mental. 

Uts a shame that Carson is out injured but hopefully he will get back to full fitness soon and we dont ha e to drop him into the deep end and risk injury.

Also werent we due to announce our new manager today?

2 hours ago, ropy said:

At the end of the season we should have a parade of all the goalkeepers he have had and see if anyone can name them all.

Generation Game style, on a conveyor belt (on the basis that 3 or 4 of them can’t walk anymore). 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6461554/rangers-preston-alexander-awe-tavernier-golden-boot/amp/ Granted it’s an article about a Rangers player however hopefully he can teach a few of our guys how to take some decent set pieces especially free kicks can’t remember the last decent free kick taker we have had who could score a decent amount. 

22 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:
I think I'd probably still prefer Wright but I'm getting a bit wee guy excited about the idea of it being Alexander. He always seemed like a proper big name when he was playing for Scotland.

I’m with you on that. I think as others have pointed out had it been in the summer and there was still a relatively positive mood around the club then Graham Alexander would be a no brainer.

However, it seems like a bit of a risk in our current circumstances especially when you consider that we’ve got a candidate with a proven record like Tommy Wright also in the running.

Simon Grayson’s most recent job was in the EIGHT tier of England, Chris Humphrey has taken over from his position. Is that really the type of level we want to be going after, granted he’s been at big clubs in the past and has a lot of experience but his recent managerial career doesn’t look great. If Graham Alexander is a small risk then Simon Grayson is huge one. Similarly, I think Keith Lasley must be out the running after Saturdays humiliation.

Tommy Wright seems like the type of manager that will stick around, if we make good strides for the remainder of the season he could really build something here, I’m not sure Graham Alexander would stay for long if I’m honest.

Edited by ZX1886